X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by doodle333 View Post
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.53 (02/19/13): is this correct as it only as Atheros Ethernet for GA-Z77-D3H
    also should the intel 12.0.0.1083 beta be used with this bios
    According to original spec GA-Z77-D3H LAN chip is Atheros GbE (only),but according GB BIOS (any) somehow Realtek ROM is also included ,so I also follow:

10ec,8168 = Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series vx.xx
    1969,1083 = Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller vx.x.x.x
    1969,1091 = Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller vx.x.x.x

12.0.0.1083 is DRIVER to be installed on your Operating System
    12.0.0.1783 is ROM to be inbuild in your BIOS

Last edited by stasio; 03-01-2013, 09:26 PM.

Comment

ok thankyou for reply.

Comment

You are welcome.
        Btw,it's easy to delete Realtek LAN ROM from the BIOS.

Comment

unfortunately the bios when applying xmp for memory they stay at 1333 wont go to 1600 or 1867 2x4 corsair. forgot to mention that when applied any setting to memory afterwoods in M.I.T its all blank.if that's any help

Comment

Load "Optimized Defaults" or clear CMOS.
            ............And will be nice to see your spec.

Comment

did all that and tried updated bios twice to see ,but with same results .will upload specs just need to pop out for an hour
              Last edited by doodle333; 03-02-2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                ^Hmmm,I don't thinks so.
                OK, then: what about this:

Manufacturer: Giagbyte
                Model: GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 2.0)
                Bios Type: Award
                Bios Revision: FH

Oroms Updated to:
                Intel Raid 12.0.0.1783
                RealTek PXE 2.53
                JMicron 1.07.28
                Marvell 9123 RAID FW 1.0.0.1033 <--------
                Last edited by vailr; 03-02-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

ok put up my specs.

Comment

Originally posted by vailr View Post
                    OK, then: what about this:

Manufacturer: Giagbyte
                    Model: GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 2.0)
                    Bios Type: Award
                    Bios Revision: FH

Oroms Updated to:
                    Intel Raid 12.0.0.1783
                    RealTek PXE 2.53
                    JMicron 1.07.28
                    Marvell 9123 RAID FW 1.0.0.1033 <--------
                    Those are Completely Different Motherboards with different Hardware, hence different BIOS ORoms/FW.
                    You're original Post was about the GA-Z77X-UD5H NOT this MB.
                    I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
                    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

This page indicates that "Marvell 9123 RAID" chip (found on the GA-X58A-UD3R) = "Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter" chip (found on the GA-Z77X-UD5H)
                      Marvell drivers
                      Marvell MV-91xx 92xx (88SE91xx/92xx) Ahci/Raid Controller (PCI\VEN_1B4B&DEV_90xx&CC_ & PCI\VEN_1B4B&DEV_91xx&CC_)
                      In other words: the Marvell controller chip hardware is indeed the same "Marvell MV-91xx" chip on both boards.
                      Therefore, it seems logical to conclude that the newer "Marvell 9123 RAID FW 1.0.0.1033" bios firmware could possibly be applicable towards updating the GA-Z77X-UD5H.
                      There are 2 additional firmwares listed (on the station-drivers.com web site):
                      Firmware pour MV-91xx Version 2.2.0.1125b - 06/06/12
                      Firmware pour MV-91xx Version 2.2.0.1125 - 05/01/12

It seems odd that Gigabyte would still be using this 1.xx firmware version:
                      Marvell SATA3 ROM 1.0.0.0027 (per informational post by Mabs).
                      And then: stasio's modded bios seems to have: "Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter - BIOS Version 1.0.1.0025".
                      So: there's also a version mis-match between what Mabs & stasio are saying (posts #850 & #853).
                      Last edited by vailr; 03-02-2013, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Valir,
                        download this ROM's......open with Notepad ( or any Hex editor) and you will see what is inside.
                        (Size for Z77 is arround 130 KB).

Btw,
                        X58 using latest Marvell Bios Version 1.0.0.1033 ROM and Firmware 2.2.0.1125.
                        Last edited by stasio; 03-02-2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

^ I agree, stasio.

vailr,
                          you need to extract the Modules from each of these BIOS's and then you might understand that they use different Modules in the BIOS.
                          And your Logic is Flawed, those 2 MBs do NOT use the same Marvell Chip, Z77 uses 2 Marvell 9172 Chips and the X58A uses 1 Marvell 9128.
                          Also they use completely different BIOS types, the Z77 has an UEFI BIOS and the X58A has an Award BIOS.
                          Some BIOS have the FW in the BIOS (x58 with Marvel 9128) and some like my P55A-UD4P (which also uses a Marvell Marvell 9128) do NOT, I have to Flash my Marvell chip separately.
                          Just because they use the same Chip does NOT mean that they are configured the same and certainly doesn't mean they use the same BIOS Modules.

So you need to extract what's in whatever BIOS you want to Modify and then check and see if there is an Updated version of that Module (ORom or FW).
                          Last edited by NoJuan999; 03-02-2013, 08:59 PM.
                          I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
                          If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

^Yea,NoJuan999

Comment

^OK, thanks for the clarification.
                              My only reference point was the station-drivers web site, which now seems to be somewhat incomplete, in that it doesn't make clear the differences
                              between UEFI vs. non-UEFI bios ROM vs. firmwares.
                              So: which version is correct for the GA-Z77X-UD5H - F15r:
                              "Marvell SATA3 ROM 1.0.0.0027" (Mabs) vs. "Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter - BIOS Version 1.0.1.0025" (stasio) ?

Comment

Originally posted by vailr View Post
                                ...It seems odd that Gigabyte would still be using this 1.xx firmware version:
                                Marvell SATA3 ROM 1.0.0.0027 (per informational post by Mabs).
                                And then: stasio's modded bios seems to have: "Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter - BIOS Version 1.0.1.0025".
                                So: there's also a version mis-match between what Mabs & stasio are saying (posts #850 & #853).
                                The version Stasio is saying is indeed the last version available, but some user here reported problems with that version. So I assume the last "good" version was 1.0.0.0027 ...
                                I will try to find that post and report back

Comment

Working...
                                X