GA-G41MT-S2PT does not like DVD-ROM drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-G41MT-S2PT does not like DVD-ROM drives

I agree, RMA the board and then sell it if it's the same issues. And then buy used P35/P45 board, or if you need budget try to find P41 new or used (Or do you need micro ATX?)

Comment

I'm still trying a few things and I came across something interesting, I tried a bios to bootable cd in both of the drives and they both boot from CD. Maybe there's some kind of IRQ conflict or bad driver, I don't know.

I originally wanted a P45 to replace a P35 that I had previously but was forced to buy a P41 and DDR3 memory.
      Last edited by Omega_X; 03-27-2012, 12:02 AM. Reason: P35, not 43 DOH!

Comment

So you can boot to CD, just not use CD properly in windows? If so, ya it could be IRQ issue. Did you try updating chipset drivers?

Also, check hidden BIOS settings, some boards have IRQ setting hidden. Hit control + F1 on the MAIN page of the BIOS, then all hidden sections and setting will be show, look for new sections and in all the normal sections and see if you find IRQ settings

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          As mentioned above, please use the latest BIOS, and flash to it with Qflash or DOS.

As for the IDE drive, be sure you set the jumper correctly for how you connect the drive to the cable. Master is the end of the cable, Slave is the middle, CS should work for either but does not always work for all devices.

For SATA, be sure you connect your OS drive to the first Intel port SATAII_0, and then put the SATA CD/DVD drive on the Last Intel port SATAII_3
          I have several problems with this Mobo
          I can not use two HDDs or SDD+HDD
          One SDD wont even boot at port 0, from port 3 it is OK
          If I try to set up two sata HDDS in every posible configuration it wont finish booting

Comment

Working...
          X