Clear All

Re: GA-G41MT-S2PT does not like DVD-ROM drives

This is what it looks like after turning off EIST:

Click image for larger version

Name:	6Q6as.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	752031

Before turning off EIST, the chart were just under to 15000. Now its a constant flat yellow. But no pops or clicks so far.

Comment

Please test a clean install, with NO drivers. Or, if you can't easily do that, test in safe mode, this way you can see if it's caused by software or drivers

Comment

I'll try safe mode. The install is fairly clean.

Comment

Safe mode will be good to test! And just so you know I meant clean as in zero programs and zero drivers installed when I mentioned clean install test.

Did you install drivers for the board off the motherboard CD? If so, did you use express install or do it manually?

Comment

I recently bought one of these boards from ebay, the issue i have is that one of my two monitors will not come out of standby with the onboard graphics and my tv (1080p 60hz) does not detect an input but will display if i select the vga channel even if it is greyed out, the other issue is whenever i try to boot up with a disc in my dvd drive the system shuts off If i try loading software once xp has booted it shuts off also.

I tried every sata channel and sata power lead (9 in total 750W psu) with the same result, i swapped the motherboard with an old athlon 64 one from my loft/attic and everything works and detects as it should with no shutdowns.

Have you suffered any shut down issues with your board? I was using an e5800 and 8gb crucial vengeance ram, the psu is a brand new antec high current gamer with 40amps on quad 12v rails (also tried generic 350W unit), the board has been sent back but the seller is saying nothing is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega_X View Post
              I'll try safe mode. The install is fairly clean.
              easytune can cause dpc spikes,so disable it and see if things improve
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by prawny12009 View Post
                I recently bought one of these boards from ebay, the issue i have is that one of my two monitors will not come out of standby with the onboard graphics and my tv (1080p 60hz) does not detect an input but will display if i select the vga channel even if it is greyed out, the other issue is whenever i try to boot up with a disc in my dvd drive the system shuts off If i try loading software once xp has booted it shuts off also.

I tried every sata channel and sata power lead (9 in total 750W psu) with the same result, i swapped the motherboard with an old athlon 64 one from my loft/attic and everything works and detects as it should with no shutdowns.

Have you suffered any shut down issues with your board? I was using an e5800 and 8gb crucial vengeance ram, the psu is a brand new antec high current gamer with 40amps on quad 12v rails (also tried generic 350W unit), the board has been sent back but the seller is saying nothing is wrong.
                did you try with dram set to 1.5v
                and maybe try one/two clicks more cpu northbridge voltage?
                using latest mb bios?
                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  Safe mode will be good to test! And just so you know I meant clean as in zero programs and zero drivers installed when I mentioned clean install test.

Did you install drivers for the board off the motherboard CD? If so, did you use express install or do it manually?

Launching DPCLAT in Safe Mode is throwing a dll error. Works with a normal boot though.

The install is new, Only Firefox and Zune was installed. Neither was running at the time. All drivers were supplied by Microsoft with the install.

Comment

How about a diagnostic boot using msconfig? Then when it errors on you, open even viewer and see what service is causing the error and then open services and start the required service.

That's also likely why it fails in safe mode too, which you can also get going the same way. When I geta second tonight I'll reboot to safe mode and see what stops it from running, then I'll tell you how to fix. If it's solely a dll you'll just need to register it again and then it should work, I'll let ya know.

Comment

Diagnostic Startup produces the same chart that I just posted. DPClat does not start in SafeMode due to the Shell Hardware Detection service. The service reports that its restricted from starting in SafeMode.

The drives are detected but they do not read discs, Its probably due to that weird EFI setting in the BIOS about 2GB discs. I'll try disabling that option to see if it gives me full functionality.

Comment

OK, thanks for the further info. You only need EFI enabled in the BIOS if you are booting from a 2TB or larger drive.

Comment

Turning off the EFI option doesn't work either. I'm going to look into an exchange or refund.

Comment

You may need to do that, if you do look for a less budget board if you can afford one

Comment

Its a LGA775 board. Not many of them left in production.

Comment

lots of G41 boards for sale though you should get it replaced or get a refund.

Comment

Working...
                                X