Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

My expectation is that the product works out of the box, with every processor they've advertised it'll work with - NO EXCEPTIONS.
    I feel your pain.
    I had a different issue with a GPU. Send em back.
    GAEP45 UD3P rev1.1
    Intel E8400 @4.2Ghz
    Corsair Cl4 DDr2 800
    Ati 4890
    Bequite 670watt
    Westerndigital Black 500gb

Comment

Re: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

I would love to - but the return period has passed.

Comment

Try testing with a different brand/model power supply.
        It's a long shot, but sometimes there are incompatibility issues, even if a psu works fine in a different system.
        Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
        P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
        4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
        MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
        Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
        WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
        SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
        Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
        Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
        Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
        MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
        Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
        HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
        CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Well there is always Ebay for selling your item , provided it does work.
          BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
            Try testing with a different brand/model power supply.
            It's a long shot, but sometimes there are incompatibility issues, even if a psu works fine in a different system.
            As mentioned in the first post, I've tried this. The problem is the board - nothing else. I've tested it with entirely different components (ATi cards, SSD HD, 3 or 4 diff PSU's, diff RAM, etc).

I'm not ebaying a $170 motherboard to take a huge loss on it for hardware issues the Manufacturer needs to address. What do I tell my customer? eBay it? I'm already going to have to replace the customer's board with another working board.

Comment

I don't see where you have contacted Gigabyte USA or Asia to see if they can provide you with a beta bios to see if it will cure the problem. It's bad enough for an end user to have to deal with this, and it's even worse when a system builder has several systems with the same problem. I suggest that you politely but firmly inform them that if this issue isn't resolved quickly, you will have no choice but to stop using ALL Gigabyte components in your customer builds. It might help if you contact Gigabyte sales department to see if they can help expedite this issue.

It wasn't clear which exact power supplies you tested with. In some cases a different psu brand/model solves some boot/post problems.
              E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
              Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
              Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
              HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers

Comment

I've tested a PCP&Cooling 760Watt PSU, an Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Power Supply, and a Thermaltake TR2 W0388RU 600W Power Supply. All are known working and verified in other systems as well as with my multimeter. I did some pretty extensive testing on all of my components. The problem really points to something with the motherboard. I'd consider it being defective, but many other users are reporting the same problems, so I'd rather not RMA it just to RMA it.

I emailed Support a while back and never got a reply. Since that time, I've been trying to reach out and get support on the various Gigabyte forums. After trying the Gigabyte UK forums (I thought that was the official forum), they told me the "official" Gigabyte forum for the US is here at Tweaktown - and now I'm posting here.

I will try to email Support one final time, but I was under the impression all of the beta BIOS's were posted here, as well. I've tried the BIOS's - flashing the backup to the current, etc. Nothing seems to work. I don't want to run into the problem other users are having where they RMA the board, it goes out for a month, and they get the exact board returned with the issue unresolved. I can't afford that type of service. My customers can't.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off a bit frantic, or frustrated, but I feel like Gigabyte really dropped the ball here, and I'm stuck trying to make excuses.

Comment

Your frustration is understandable, especially with the lack of prompt responses from official GB tech support.
                  PM Stasio and ask if he has any direct contacts with GB tech support that might be able to get the ball rolling for you.

Comment

usually ther are very good at responding,gigabyte uk,ive had pretty fast replys within 10-15 minutes,they should send you a beta bios to test usually
                    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Did you try contacting Stasio by pm about bios^?
                      Thats assuming thas what will do it since Gigabyte say there is np with the board (cough) and youve tried different components.

As I said he seems to be the Gigabyte "bios" man posting them all over the place on obscure overclockers sites too.
                      When I got my p67 first I found a site where all the beta bioses from all the manufacturers were gathered and updated,some that were pulled from official mbrd sites were still available there cos they provided better clocking.Stasio was pretty active there.
                      Whether hes an official..semi retired or what I dont know :).

I know your looking for "an official statement" but they arent allways forthcoming.
                      Checking back on posts re my board ,there was no official recognition of the , lets just call it the "overclockers double boot problem of Asrock"
                      Sounds suspiciously like "holy hand grenade of Antioch" but nm.
                      There were many ,many posts about it ,apparently the problem was "fixed" ,went away with bios 1.70.
                      There was no statement from asrock like "its fixed"..or even an official admission of a problem as far as I know.

You have tried all the available bios(es) from F4 to the latest F11G(this month)?
                      Im still undecided as to whether gigabytes "dual bios"/backup bios is a good thing or not.I suspect it caused me incomplete flashing if I didnt have the pc back and running at absolutely standard optimised settings prior to a flash attempt.
                      Whether that has anything to do with your pc ,I dont know but it might be worth a go.
                      Just on standard bios settings,: Did your mbrd come set for ide operation as standard?.It might even be worth leaving that setting in too saving it ,then reboot ,then boot again and then flash.

Just trying to think of options here btw .

You say youve tried a lot of different components.
                      Try a complete set of fresh ones if you have them,perhaps not the cpu.I mean do them all together rather than trying a different single item.
                      Basic setup. single hdd ,fresh win install etc.

That setup may be no use to "customers" , but if the effect is still there I dont see how you wouldnt at least get a replacement board.

nb probly the reason Im no longer a total fan of dual bios is that my asrock board has a socketed bios ,and I kept the old one from my b2 board when I got a b3 swap.
                      No more "this flash better work or the board is dead worries".
                      Last edited by kick; 01-17-2012, 01:12 AM.
                      Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                      Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                      Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                      8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                      60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                      GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                      Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
                      http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

I've tried every Bios they have released for my board. Ive also tried flashing the backup bios to the current bios.

By now, I'd have to imagine that as the boards roll in for RMA all having the same symptoms, they seem to just be ignoring the problem, sending boards back out a month later with a different BIOS (as in a few stories I've read by users). It astounds me that nobody from Gigabyte is replying to this thread, the Overclocker's thread, or even the thread at the Gigabyte UK forums. In my opinion, this is drifting towards negligence.

I shouldn't have to spend countless hours of unpaid troubleshooting for my system, or my customer's system. This will be the very last Gigabyte product I own.

Comment

your best just sell or try to get a refund and buy another branded board,i think it will get fixed but seems very slow atm,they could be testing ect idk but thats what i would do

as for gigabyte yes they can be a pain sometimes with bugs ect but all the problems ive had have been fixed they are #1 in rma and customer service far far better than the others imo
                          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I cannot get a refund on this board. The retailer will no longer accept it as a return. I didn't return it right away because I was initially hoping it was a simply fix and expected Gigabyte to reply to my support email. I've now emailed Gigabyte 2x with ZERO replies back from them about getting my board fixed.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm open to them.

Comment

Go to Gigabyte RMA Information and read the instructions.

Clicking on Add New Request will bring you to the End User RMA Service web page: Gigabyte RMA Submission Form where you fill out the RMA form.

Keep in mind that forum rules prohibit discussing RMA issues or problems: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...on-banned.html sticky.
                              We are here to assist you in any way we can.
                              PM me if you have any questions.

Let us know how things work out when your RMA has completed.

Comment

Hey Spurst,
                                I did not read the hole thread so forgive me if I missed it, have you tried booting with PLL over voltage adjustment turned off? I just read some where about that thought I'd toss it in for you, Gigabyte will never chime in on this as if they were to do so they would be admitting there is a problem.
                                Good luck, I'll dig my board out see if I can find anything.
                                MSI X-99SLI
                                Intel 5930K WATER
                                EVGA Nilla 1080
                                POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Working...
                                X