990FXA-UD3 Rev 1.0 Beta BIOS Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 990FXA-UD3 Rev 1.0 Beta BIOS Please

Just got a 990FXA-UD3 and FX-8120. Wanted to know if there is a beta BIOS, or one being made, that allows individual core locking of BD CPUs (not full module locking, but want to lock one core of each module), and that would add LLC.

Thanks

Re: 990FXA-UD3 Rev 1.0 Beta BIOS Please

Also, trying to test out my 8120 with the F5 BIOS. No matter what I do, it throttles back to 2.8Ghz when stress testing. All power saving stuff is off, turbo and CPB are off, C1E, C6, CNQ, all that is off. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil View Post
      Also, trying to test out my 8120 with the F5 BIOS. No matter what I do, it throttles back to 2.8Ghz when stress testing. All power saving stuff is off, turbo and CPB are off, C1E, C6, CNQ, all that is off. What gives?
      I suggest you contact gigabyte directly and state the problems that you are having and see if they can pass a beta bios along to you. This is a just a support form. Not direct gigabyte support.
      Main Rig
      Gigabyte z87x-OC
      Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
      G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
      Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
      Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
      HiS ATI HD 6950
      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
      Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
      Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
      Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
      CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
      Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
      EK Supremacy Cpu Block
      Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
      Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

I found a way around the throttling. Have to open AOD and turn turbo on, then off, which shuts off Gigabytes power managment thing.

Now Im running in to heat issues from the board. The NB and VRMs were reading over 70C and were hot enough to melt skin off my knuckle. I was only running the CPU at 4Ghz with 1.34V as well.

Just running 3.8Ghz with 1.28V now and they are over 60C.

What would be considered too hot for them?

Comment

Are you with stock CPU cooler?
          Maybe you just need more airflow around that are.
          Try with open case and room fan blowing on it.

Comment

Corsair H60 for cooling.

Guess it was too much, system is dead. Not sure if its the CPU, mobo, or both. Dont have any AM3 CPUs or another 9 series board to test with.

I definitly do not recomend the UD3 for the 8 series FX CPUs after this.

Comment

Hoping for a new bios as well.
              Had a 78LMT-S2P which listed support for the 8120 when I bought it then I emailed them because it wasn't working in it and they just removed it from the supported list.
              The guy I had been emailed suggested I get this board. 990FXA-UD3 so I bought one and its not much better.

The higher I overclock the more cores drop to 2.8ghz under stress testing.
              Mosfets say they are rated for 120C but I stuck a fan on them since Iv got water cooling with no airflow in the case so they stay under 50C now.

Last thing Iv got to try is a new PSU which has been ordered and is on its way. Once that's here if there are still problems then thats every thing in my PC that has been changed just to support this CPU (8120).

Tested the cpu in my mates mobo cant remember what model but it works fine for him. Think its something like sabertooth.

Core locking and LLC would be really nice but LLC doesnt look like its needed, There no Vdrop or spikes as it is for me.

Comment

Latest beta I can find.
                F6c
                99FXAUD3.zip

Added options for APM
                Added options for disabling cores/modules
                Fixed CPU PLL voltage changes.

LLC is set to extream instead of high but they dont give you a option to change it, So underload your voltage will go up 0.04v instead of 0.02v like F5

Comment

Working...
                X