GA-P67A-UD4-B3 cold boot bsods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-P67A-UD4-B3 cold boot bsods

6GB is not ideal for P67, so that may be part of your issues. Test with 4GB for a few days, I bet you will be able to get those manually set much easier than 6GB

I have never seen that error, I've seen similar but not with the DR1 on the end, so not sure what that is referring too? Harddisk0 you can check which disk that is in disk management, then you can check which port/controller you have it connected to, that might help us figure it out for you.

Comment

ok thanks i'll check it out and maybe reset cables or move'em to sata 2

talking about memory i'm going to buy a coupla of 4gb samsung sticks same revision and making them work in dual channel mode. i've heard this simple 1333 1.5v sticks are ideal for usual purpose and work flawlessly and timings could be even raised without changing voltage.

Comment

Your drives should be fine on the 6Gb/s ports, that error could be caused by other memory/CPU related errors, just making it look like an actual HDD issue.

Comment

in fact i have only one internal hdd and the other 3 are external usb drives + one 2tb drive with its own power supply (which work fine on previous pc). but this kind of errors i had for the most drives no matter what it was sata or usb. it looks really like defective sata port or controller indeed but - it seems i see that the problem persist only in event viewer and the pc works fine. so maybe u're right it's just look-alike

Comment

ok i've just returned from work an turned on pc. got a bsod 0xf4 which also ntoskrnl.exe related (according to BlueScreenView). so it means that some driver messes up the system and makes bsods on ntoskrnl level during exchanging OR the memory works unstable. i will know for sure after 29th may when i install two samsung modules. if the problem persists that means that i must take a closer look to mobo (because 0xf4 as far i know means that something wrong with ide devices)
            yesterday i hadn't any bsods during startup and restarts. what's really strange is that after changing "perfomance enchance" to "standart" the speed of my operations in win7 became just a little faster. so the man of my knowledge level can't understand what is going on here for sure..

Comment

Since you are using External USB drives, please test with USB Legacy/USB Storage disabled in the BIOS, this will be fine in windows it just stops them USB Drives from being detected at boot and or DOS modes.

Comment

thanks for mentioning it! i will. i don't know it could be one of the reason of unstable system

anyway, today i will get a pair of new 4gb sticks. should i reset bios for this operation ot just load optimized defaults?

Comment

Ya, we used to suggest this was disabled a lot in the past with P35/p45 and older boards, but it hadn't been causing many issues lately so we often forgot to mention users should test with it disabled.

For the new memory just install the new memory then load optimized and reboot back to the BIOS to set your settings again.

Comment

thanks i'll keep posting about the results

btw just noticed that official f3 bios appeared
                    F3 1.57 MB 2011/03/31 Solve press reset button cause system abnormal
                    i think i should update my current bios with it too because i've noticed that i can't to make system work stable after typical reset i must to make turn off/on cycle
                    and i've heard that you have a kind of custom bios update for this mobo?
                    Last edited by expresso; 04-29-2011, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Ya, it would be best to use the latest BIOS, or the latest beta, and then flash the backup BIOS to match the Main BIOS.

Here's how to do that.
                      GIGABYTE Tech Daily: Video guide how to update your backup bios on GIGABYTE P67 boards

Hmm, yes, I updated F3 BIOS for this board, but there may be a newer one out now - Haven't checked lately :) This just has updated LAN and Intel RAID ROM's is all.
                      GA-P67A-UD4-B3-F3-MOD.zip

Comment

ok today after some of win services have been crashed i turned off pc and flashed new bios to f3. also i've swapped memory to samsung with dual channel mode (but in cpu-z it doesn't shown for some reason). we'll see how it will goin
                        and i've also moved sata cable to sata 3 port. how do you think is it safe for operation temps? cause i heard that sata 3 bridge becomes too hot during the work comparing with sata 2

edit: and it seems that the error "The driver detected a controller error on\Device\Harddisk1\DR1" is not ram related. it's a mystical random event viewer error which absolutely has unknown cause. it's a doom and as far i'm concerned nobody really knows wtf is this since xp times!
                        Last edited by expresso; 04-30-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Only the latest beta CPU-z shows "Dual Channel", you can get that here

Be sure you update the backup BIOS to match the MAIN BIOS once you get stable and have the BIOS setup how you want
                          GIGABYTE Tech Daily: Video guide how to update your backup bios on GIGABYTE P67 boards

SATA 6GB/s is fine to use, temps will be the same as using 3Gb/s

Comment

yep i've already done a backup, it's a very pleasant operation

well so far no bsods at all since the bios was flashed & memory swapped. in fact it seems this was a ram related problem - probably incapabilty on some level. OR one of the stick is really bad - because now i haven't a sudden crash of service or video driver, or constant reloadin explorer.exe in safe mode, or have CRC errors during test of archive while just 3 hours ago all was fine! it was really strange cuz memtest shows 0 errors. now it works as it supposed to be and i'm enjoy a stable powerful system
                            i think the problem is solved

thank you guys for being so helpful, this is a really friendly forum i ever seen

Comment

Nice to hear everything has been running smoothly! Ya, it does sound like the old memory was probably the issue.

Post back anytime!

Comment

Working...
                              X