X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-P67A-UD4-B3 cold boot bsods

ok i've checked up the sticks and the revision is 8.2A
    at least the mark was ver8.2A - that's what i saw

it seems i also didn't mention that normal win boot happens after i shut down the pc after first bsod. if i press reset the bsod will continue appear. only after off/on cycle i have a normal boot
    Last edited by expresso; 04-24-2011, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Are you using latest bios? You mean a double boot? Sometimes its normal to boot once/restart and successful boot up into Windows
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe it's worth getting an 8GB kit designed for Sandy Bridge instead of fighting with this one.
        Are you stable with only 2 modules?

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
          Are you using latest bios? You mean a double boot? Sometimes its normal to boot once/restart and successful boot up into Windows
          i have a f2 bios - it's the latest official bios as far as i know. dunno is it wirth it to taste beta f3..
          dual boot - what do u mean? a combined boot with other os? nope i have only a win7 os
          Originally posted by Chike View Post
          Maybe it's worth getting an 8GB kit designed for Sandy Bridge instead of fighting with this one.
          Are you stable with only 2 modules?
          i was thinking about getting a 8gb kit already but it could be done if i decide that i can't jazz with this sticks up and this is really impossible. and in theory this kit should work anyway..
          and with 2 modules all is the same

Comment

No I ment a double post like you described,where the pc boots and before it gets to splash screen it shuts off and boots up again into windows,sometimes it checks bios settings then reboots itself into windows hence the double boot,I remember my mb doing it on early bios's

Yes I would try latest beta bios and see if it improves,if not you can always flash back
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

LOL theories asode, the computer hardware world is a world of compatibility lists.

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                No I ment a double post like you described,where the pc boots and before it gets to splash screen it shuts off and boots up again into windows,sometimes it checks bios settings then reboots itself into windows hence the double boot,I remember my mb doing it on early bios's

Yes I would try latest beta bios and see if it improves,if not you can always flash back
                thanks for mentioning it but nope, i haven't dual boots like this, it bsods on win logo or after it (or during it).

the other bad thing that i have is that i got a crc errors in big archives. for instance yesterday i tested a 6gb archive on external hdd and it gave me 0 errors (i usually test all newly created archives). today it gives me about 11 crc errors! just a couple minutes ago i got a 0x7E bsod (the third within 2 days). i turned off pc on blue screen and started it after a minute. i tested the same 6gb archive and it gave me 0 errors!
                so what is it - a full incompatible ram? or mobo controller?
                to be honest i got some crc errors on some archives some weeks ago but i thought it's because of system disk caching turned on funcrion. i turned it off (system became a bit slowly - for this kind of pc it's a disgrace). so it seems i blamed the wrong cause?
                so why the ram works on one boot and doesn't on another? i have never had such problems like these on all my previous pc (but all of them were not custom built)

Comment

You might need one or two clicks more qpi/vtt,if its only cold boots its suffering from it could be memory/imc voltage or just a poor/incompatible ram ,or not fully supported yet with current bios

I would disable any un needed ports in the bios aswell,and any floppy drives and drive A even if they arnt installed,it might help with start ups
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

yes i've already raised up vtt it leads to bsod after 3 minute idle in win7 desktop (some posts above). now i see that cold boots not the only problem. it's strange because issues begun from 5 april while the pc was created 27 may
                    maybe u're right and i should flash new bios

btw after some googling i found this Winrar issues massive CRC errors - general-discussion - windows-7 and it seems this guy solved the problem by changing settings manually. should i try to change them to the same values as in auto but manually?

and forgot to mention this too - does the ram related problem cause controller driver error like this "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk4\DR7"? i have not found any useful info about this. but it's definitely something strange - with memory and this mobo..

oh forgot to say again - i have not any drives in boot section (floppy etc) except system hdd. i also haven't cdrom or dvd rom
                    Last edited by expresso; 04-24-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

You could try manual input of auto voltages,I would try latest beta though,it might have memory fixes amongst other fixes,as for hdd errors I don't know,but ram runs everything and if it errors it would cause driver errors i'd assume?
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

indeed
                        anyway i think it's possible for me to flash new bios and set voltages if it doesn't help after flashing
                        and what kit could u suggest for sandy bridge to work properly? i understand that the platform is barely new but there is some knowledge already i guess?

Comment

You need to look in mb manual or on gigabytes website for their ram qvl list,any ram in that list should work fine,don't be scared to raise qpi/vtt voltage further if needed as it might not be enough still
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

thanks, i will try to raise up vtt voltage again to 1.1. but i think seriously about buying new compatibility modules because these crc errors is a crap indeed. if the problem will persist then it's a defective mobo..

Comment

Ya 7e is memory settings incorrect usually. Are you using 4GB or 6GB, your first post says 6GB kit, so just checking (I'd use 4GB)

Thanks for the revision, I just wanted to be sure they weren't rev. 2.x because some Elpida have been known to have issues on P67 (Hypers)
                              DDR3 IC Inquiry - The Corsair Support Forums

Comment

i use 6gb kit.
                                btw all manual settings won't work. it leads to bsod on desktop or even not appearing it after greetings screen
                                but it seems (i repeat - maybe) the problem was that sometimes bios sets up by its own the "perfomance enchance" setting to "turbo". i can't understand why this happens. so i've done "optimized defaults" and changed it to "standart" again. yesterday i had't any bsods during startup. but who knows maybe this will return again. i'll check it today after returning from work

and another question, maybe you know what it causes - ithink it's mobo related issue. i got many warnigs in event viewer like "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\DR1"
                                after making some googling i saw that nobody teally knows what's this. somebody (on ms answers) advices to reinstall all sata drivers by deleting'em and letting system to index new ones. somebody found out that it's related to nvidia drivers because without them this warning doesn't appear again and appears after installing nvidia drivers - so it means that this is just an incorrect wondows driver cooperation and we can not to bother with all these messages. somebody advices to reset sata cables because these issues related with cheap cables. somebody advices rma hdd/mobo/psu - but all these problems wasn't solved! after rma psu/hdd/mobo the issue appeared again! after reinstalling drivers the issue appeared within 5 days!
                                so what's this indeed? have you ever been involved in such unintelligible things?

Comment

Working...
                                X