Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F8M is unstable

I still have detection issues on mine.

when i get a detection error, ive let it take its time and it finds the non bootable ssd, obviously then i get a bootmngr missing, as it cant find boot ssd.

I then ctrl alt delete, it then finds the boot drive again (sometimes), then have to go back to bios to set the boot ssd back to first drive.

My boot ssd, is very new, however ive got so peeved now, ive just ordered a new c400 512g ssd.

If this ends up as the problem, the mechanical hdd, still gets the thumbs up on reliability scale.

I just dont get the time to mess about rmaing stuff all the time.

Im running the Final F5 bios on my ud9, but still issues, im assuming the marvel fix ive still got installed, how o i check version?

I love pcs.....

Ssd should arrive Monday, knowing my luck it will be a fault with the bios still though, oh well a nice excuse to buy another new ssd,
    Im prob an idiot for going with a crucial one again though, if it is the ssd thats failing
    Last edited by Pablo; 05-07-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Some problematic or going faulty SSD's can do that, so it could be the SSD itself. You'll know soon enough once you install the C400!

Only the BIOS I posted has the fix in it, that I'm aware of, so if you are not using that BIOS and used the firmware forced update with that BIOS, then it could still be a BIOS issue.

You should stick with the BIOS I posted here with the fix in it, just for now to be sure. I would also use that BIOS with the new SSD as well, in AHCI mode, until you are sure the SSD is ok then once you are sure you can test newer BIOSes as you'll then know it's the BIOS if there is an issue.

Comment

Ok, i wondered that, will go back to the f5q beta for the moment

Comment

I'll look in F5 and see if the older ROM is used like in the "Fix" BIOS, if so then we know the fix is probably included and it's more likely a SSD problem than a BIOS problem.

Comment

OK, F5 final and F5q have the same old Intel RAID ROM (8.9.1.1002), F5f has a newer one (8.9.0.1023), and I assumed the fix they applied was just the older Intel ROM since that was what they put into the UD7 instead of the new version 10 (10.1.0.1008) that was in it before they applied the fix.

So not sure if that is 100% of their fix, or there is something else too, but if it's just that then the fix is applied to the F5 final as well. I'll ask tomorrow night when they are back in the office to find out for sure for you.

Comment

appreciated.

No boot up again this morning.

ctrl alt delete fail

ctrl alt delete again drive seen.

back to bios, move drive to top of list again.

But other days, the drive will be seen immediately, bit of a pain to know for sure now, what is the problem eh?

not to happy if its the ssd, but atleast i can sort what is the issue, im guessing as a few of the others seem to be ok, may be my setup?,
              Its still not even known if ahci is ok.

initially i thought the bios, as each time i went into it reset a few things etc, pc would boot.
              However now i found that a few ctrl alt deletes, has the same effect, maybe its the ssd,

Thanks for your input LSD, i will sort this one way or another, then can update Monster2 with a bigger ssd

Comment

YOu said you have a smaller SSD right? If so test with that for a few days, it would be better to try that so you can try to narrow it down, instead of dealing with the issues if it does turn out to be a faulty SSD.

AHCI should be all that you are using with a SSD, that or single disk RAID Mode.

Anytime man, always happy to help when I can! Hope you can figure out if it;s the disk or not!

Comment

Lsd, all 3TB+ support BIOSes were disappeared in GIGABYTE website. Something wrong in these BIOSes?

Do I need to rollback F7?

Comment

I don't know, haven't heard anything about it.

Are you using a 3TB+ drive, if not then I wouldn't worry, and if you are I wouldn't really worry either just wait for the next update.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                      I don't know, haven't heard anything about it.

Are you using a 3TB+ drive, if not then I wouldn't worry, and if you are I wouldn't really worry either just wait for the next update.
                      Thanks for your advice.

I'm using WD Green 3TB now. As you mentioned, I will wait for the next update.

Comment

Lsd, I found a bug.

When I run @BIOS, DES2 automatically turned off.
                        Would you like to check this issue?

Comment

I believe that would be by design, if not it should be anyway!

You don't want power saving features in action while @BIOS is open trying to flash the BIOS, so they probably made it do that on purpose.

Windows flashing isn't ideal to begin with, so saving energy while trying to do so would be even worse. Are you saying that didn't happen before, or you just noticed only now with new BIOS?

Either way, I'd suggest you don't use DES while using @BIOS to flash the BIOS, and I'd actually suggest you only use @BIOS to save a BIOS or as a last resort for flashing if that is all you can get to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                            I believe that would be by design, if not it should be anyway!

You don't want power saving features in action while @BIOS is open trying to flash the BIOS, so they probably made it do that on purpose.

Windows flashing isn't ideal to begin with, so saving energy while trying to do so would be even worse. Are you saying that didn't happen before, or you just noticed only now with new BIOS?

Either way, I'd suggest you don't use DES while using @BIOS to flash the BIOS, and I'd actually suggest you only use @BIOS to save a BIOS or as a last resort for flashing if that is all you can get to work.
                            I know it isn't ideal to begin with.

But when I try to Qflash in CMOS, DES2 is always working well. LED is alway on!

By the way, did engineer find Pablo's issue exactly? I'm looking forward to revised F8 BIOS.
                            Last edited by Eung Ho Kim; 05-15-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

The fix did seem to work for me ok,

However its turned out the ssd had failed after 8 months (ssd reliable.... hmmmm not for me).

Bought myself the M4 512g and all is good so far. (touch wood)

Currently running the pulled F5 bios without issues.

Thanks for remembring.

Comment

Originally posted by Eung Ho Kim View Post
                                I know it isn't ideal to begin with.

But when I try to Qflash in CMOS, DES2 is always working well. LED is alway on!

By the way, did engineer find Pablo's issue exactly? I'm looking forward to revised F8 BIOS.
                                When you flash from Qflash all the onboard LED's are on full blast, same as in DOS, this doesn't mean that feature is working.

Like the phase LED's for example, they are all fully lit when in DOS/Qflash, and the phases are not fully loaded that's just how the LED's act while in those modes.

I tested the issue, and could reproduce it on the older BIOSes, then could not on the fixed BIOSes, so yes I do believe they found and corrected the issue for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X