Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F8M is unstable

OK, nice to hear all is well then!

You have better overall performance on Intel anyway, just not as fast sequential read speed is all, better 4K/4K-threaded though for sure!

Comment

Thanks to Lsd,

Having seen this thread, its the exact same problem as i have with my c300 on my ud9,

So will prob end up switching to the intel ports,

However i did notice, that port 6 fails, but marvel port 7 works..... Odd that eh?

Comment

Could just be a BIOS bug, not sure which port I tested on but I did only test one and it was OK.

So maybe wait for BIOS update to correct the issue, or switch to Intel for now (It's better overall anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
          Thanks to Lsd,

Having seen this thread, its the exact same problem as i have with my c300 on my ud9,

So will prob end up switching to the intel ports,

However i did notice, that port 6 fails, but marvel port 7 works..... Odd that eh?
          Pablo, thanks to your reply.

I never tested at marvel port 7. If it is true, I'm at a loss for words.

Comment

I can retest if you guys like, and test both ports this time?

If you want me to let me know and I will.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              I can retest if you guys like, and test both ports this time?

If you want me to let me know and I will.
              I was reported this issue to GIGABYTE GTS. Probably they will check this issue.

Thanks, admin.

Comment

Would be good.

Is it possible to test with F50 bios, then to see if its gone using F5p?

As i am having this same issue, its not likely that my board is the issue, so i would expect you will get the same as me.

For reference
                I did have to remove the c300 ssd from marvel port 6 for the ssd on port7 to be recognised
                but with ssd on port 6 and one on port 7, i got the detecting drives as you did, and the boot ssd was indeed missing from the bios.

I just went back to F4 bios, and all was well again.

I still havent tried F5p yet, was waiting for a time when if it did go wrong, i had the messing about time to correct it again.

Prob this weekend i will try f5p.

Comment

Wait to your test result.

Comment

I will retest again this weekend too with F8n on UD7, test both ports this time too :)

Comment

Lsd, how was your test result?

Comment

For some reason, my c300 failed to recognise the other day on even f4 bios .

So i updated to the F5p bios on ud9, but grrrr, still gave problems.

So today ive just updated the c300 to firmware 0006.

and blow me, super fast boot up now and runs on the marvel sata6g .

So far so good, cant 100% guarantee yet, but looking good so far.

Comment

Sorry guys, I hadn't had time to test until just now.

I find no issue on either port with F8n, see below images. Since you mentioned firmware I did notice the SSD I am using now is on 0002, and when I seen that I thought maybe it's a firmware conflict with 0006 possibly, so I will test a 0006 disk next (I have three, keep one on 0002 for testing purposes and the other two are 006)

So, here is first tests with 0002 firmware, both ports no issues, same Marvell firmware as shown in my previous images.

Right Click/View Image if too small.

Port 6 - Bottom against PCB

Port 7 - Top of stack

Will test a disk with 0006 firmware next, as in right now, after I image this OS to a 0006 C300.

Comment

OK, here is second test with another C300 that is on 0006 firmware. Same results, no issues, so I am really not sure what is causing this for you guys?

How is your disk partitioned, maybe that matters? I do not allow windows 7 to create the 100MB hidden partition, maybe if you do this could be part of what's causing the issue? Although I think I'd see more reports if that was the case, as many people do let windows setup the partitions so they have the hidden partition.

Have you guys ran chkdsk /f ever? If not try that in a command prompt and allow it to restart and run the scan, could help?

chkdsk /f (Space is required)

Port 6 Bottom against PCB - 0006 firmware

Port 7 Top of stack - 0006 firmware

Comment

Well the issue, as i say has gone now for me,

Running the 256g version of c300 (maybe that was an issue),
                              however my 128g version on 0002, seemed to work just fine when it was the only drive.

Anyway, so i suggest installing the F5p bios and update c300s to 0006 firmware.

Thanks for testing LSd, For me and the guy here we had same problem, so if hes not on 00006, then that should fix it for him, as it did me.

Its superfast boot now, compared to all the slow posting it used to be and on sata6g.
                              Last edited by Pablo; 04-13-2011, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Nice to hear this is sorted out for you now!

Go ahead and test that 256GB one if you can, just to be sure. Maybe it is firmware, but I dunno cause my initial tests were all on 0002.

Maybe if he is on 0001, then maybe that could be an issue, but I think 0002 and 0006 are fine and something else had to be causing this for you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X