Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 is dead ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 is dead ?

Hello, I have UD4-B3 motherboard and i7-2600K CPU.

I try to overclock to 4.6GHz and I set CPU voltage to 1.4V, QPI/VTT 1.15V defalt 1.050 and CPU PLL to 1.760V -- defalt 1.8 and memory to 1.560V

Arfer reboot on motherboard lights up only one green LED ... not all of them from green to red and PC always turn on after one second turn down and one`s again turn off and on .. ect. ect.

I try to clear CMOS, but it does not work. No beep codes just FAN works. So motherboard die or CPU ?

sorry for my bad english :)
    Last edited by Brandoo; 03-14-2011, 07:49 AM.

Re: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 is dead ?

1.4v is too much for 4.6ghz,those chips don't need a lot of voltage,between 1.3,1.35v for that clock,try removing the motherboard battery,leave it out for one hour just to be sure that its fully cleared the cmos then try
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

motherboard have to be connected in case with memory, graphic and power supply ?

Or just motherboard could clear cmos with remove the battery ? because I replace back AMD platform .. and I`am really tired

Comment

Pull mothboard out set on box that it came in. In stall 1 memory module 1 video card no hdd or cd/dvd clear cmos from jump or push button remove batter let is for 20 min and try if not try letting battery sit out for up to 24 hrs and try again.
        Main Rig
        Gigabyte z87x-OC
        Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
        G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
        Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
        Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
        HiS ATI HD 6950
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
        Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
        Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
        Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
        CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
        Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
        EK Supremacy Cpu Block
        Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
        Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

It was the 1.2 Vtt that causes this, some CPU just will not allow that much Vtt and then this happens (4E and 7f debug code on other boards with debug code LED)

Clearing CMOS with power drained (PSU Off, then Press case power button for one minute) or disconnected the PSU from the board and then clear CMOS will correct the issue, then it will post normally.

Comment

I leave board with processor, one dimm of memory with removed battery for few hours ... this morning I try to start system, but not workning.

When it start up, on board blink one green LED which indicate CPU activity. Correct indicating CPU activity is LEDs from green to red at same time.

Here is the photo

QPI/VTT voltage could damage the processor or motherboard ?

Comment

Please unplug the power supply from the motherboard, 24 and 12 pin cables.

Then remove the battery and put a jumper on the clear CMOS pins for about 10 minutes, then remove the jumper and plug the cables back into the board. Then plug in the power supply and start the board.

No, the voltages you mention wouldn't damage either, I just mentioned what I did because I know some CPU's can cause this error when you push QPI/Vtt up at 1.2 or above.

Usually clearing the CMOS corrects the issue and the board will star again. If the above does not help, please remove all memory and try to start it, that will fail I just want it to attempt to clear the DMI Pool which should already get cleared in the above process, once that fails shut it off and put all the memory back in and try to start it again.

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                1.4v is too much for 4.6ghz,those chips don't need a lot of voltage,between 1.3,1.35v for that clock,try removing the motherboard battery,leave it out for one hour just to be sure that its fully cleared the cmos then try
                Tell that to my i7 2600k - i got the board from same source as Brandoo, same first batch sent to Europe, and while i'm not having as big issues as him, i can't get past 4.3GHz without BSOD, while pumping 1.4V (@BIOS) to the CPU (1.392V idle, 1.38V load) with all features including HT turned off.

@Brandoo: check if the fans are running or not, and try to use a PC speaker if you have one. Maybe the board beeps, but without speaker it can't.
                Core i7 [email protected] Gainward GTX570 Phantom Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 GSkill RipjawsX 2x4GB DDR3-1333CL7 Prolimatech Mega Shadow Patriot Torqx 128GB Fractal Design Define R3 Arctic White Corsair AX750 X-Fi Titanium Enermax Aurora Razer DeathAdder W7 Home Premium 64-bit HP LP2475w + Benq T2210HD

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  Please unplug the power supply from the motherboard, 24 and 12 pin cables.

Then remove the battery and put a jumper on the clear CMOS pins for about 10 minutes, then remove the jumper and plug the cables back into the board. Then plug in the power supply and start the board.

No, the voltages you mention wouldn't damage either, I just mentioned what I did because I know some CPU's can cause this error when you push QPI/Vtt up at 1.2 or above.

Usually clearing the CMOS corrects the issue and the board will star again. If the above does not help, please remove all memory and try to start it, that will fail I just want it to attempt to clear the DMI Pool which should already get cleared in the above process, once that fails shut it off and put all the memory back in and try to start it again.
                  I try it again with processor, memory without power supply. Battery was removed, jupmer on clr cmos pins for more then 10 minutes, but same problem. I have a friend who can check the processor, if processor is OK, then must be the motherboard dead

Graphic card, HDD, memory dimms working, I already using them on my AMD platform

Comment

Could be CPU or board, but very likely you just need to clear CMOS longer if CPU is ok.

Try clearing overnight, with the power supply unplugged from the board, no battery, and clear CMOS jumper on.

I would also test your power supply on another setup, just to rule it out as well.
                    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-14-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Or CPU is damaged, than board could turn on and turn off after one second ? it do it constantly, I must push power button for a few second

- LEDs on board (CPU activity) when starts up blink one green, but in the past blink all of LEDs. I really don`t know what is demaged, board or CPU and what send to RMA.

Comment

You need another CPU to find out if the CPU is bad, that way you can test the board or CPU.

Or test that CPU in another board, then you will know if it's the CPU.

You are right, you can't guess which it is, you have to somehow test one or both in another setup, or send them both back which is not ideal.

Comment

Have you checked the cpu socket for any bent pins?

@lsdme have they done away with the uncore freq on these mb/cpu?
                          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well since it was working, and then just stopped due to his overclock attempt, I would think his socket was ok. But you are right to ask, maybe he has removed the CPU between then and now, so could have bent some pins.

Ya, there is no uncore in P67

Comment

CPU socket pins

CPU contacts pins

I try CPU in another board

Comment

Working...
                              X