Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Chipset Series 6 Recal, Whats happing Gigabyte ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Chipset Series 6 Recal, Whats happing Gigabyte ?

any news on whats happening?

Re: Intel Chipset Series 6 Recal, Whats happing Gigabyte ?

is it includes GA-P67A-UD7?

Comment

I believe it includes all H67/P67 boards
      Main Rig
      Gigabyte z87x-OC
      Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
      G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
      Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
      Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
      HiS ATI HD 6950
      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
      Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
      Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
      Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
      CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
      Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
      EK Supremacy Cpu Block
      Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
      Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

It includes ALL P67/H67 motherboards as all of them have this defective Intel chipset.

Intel Identifies Cougar Point Chipset Error, Halts Shipments

As the article says, "Intel's Steve Smith, vice president and director of PC client operations and enabling at Intel, says that the specific problem occurs over time, and is affected by temperature and voltage."

Which I take it to mean that anyone overclocking their machine is in more danger of having this failure than someone running it stock.... and how many people run their SB's stock?? Not many. That was one of the major selling points of the SB processor- easy overclocking. If you can't increase voltage or temperature, then it pretty much negates a major selling point.

So it looks like people will need to return their boards if they want to be safe. According to Intel, they expect new chipsets to be available to manufacturers toward the end of February with motherboards available sometime around April.

Comment

Sandy Bridge Debacle: What It Means for You
          Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
          Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
          Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
          8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
          60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
          GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
          Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
          http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Intel Details the Source of the P67/H67 Chipset SATA Bug - Softpedia

"The problem is accentuated when the motherboard is exposed to high temperatures or the PCH is over-volted."

So does this mean that if we lock the PCH to the default of 1.05v (instead of auto) it can help reduce the 'over-volting' problem from occurring? My motherboard remains quite cool thanks to tons of fans- so MB temp isn't an issue.

I hate it when people say, "Only use the 6Gb/s ports and you won't have to worry about it." As if everyone has the same board or has only two devices... whereas I have multiple drives and multiple DVD drives as well- so I'm pretty much maxed on SATA ports on my UD3P; so this 'advice' is not an option- and probably not an option for most people who have only 2 6Gb/s SATA ports on their MB.

UPDATE:
            I just got an e-mail from Newegg, in part stating:
            "As always, Newegg remains 100% committed to our customers' total satisfaction. In keeping with our commitment to our customers, we are extending the return period for your motherboard by 90 days or until replacements become available from the manufacturer, whichever is greater. Intel expects to have a new revision of the P67 & H67 chipsets out around April, at which point first-run motherboards with this issue will need to be physically replaced in affected systems." Yay for that!!

Comment

Gigabyte has made an official announcement regarding this issue, I am making out a post with further details now.

Comment

Working...
              X