Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renesas Electronics USB 3 Host Controller - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Renesas Electronics USB 3 Host Controller - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Awesome to hear, thanks for the update on this!

Sorry you had to go through all these hassles!

Comment

Re: Renesas Electronics USB 3 Host Controller - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Does anyone know where to get the newest driver 2.0.41 i just can find 2.0.40. Thank you!

Comment

2.0.32 is the latest I see, created 12/10/10, and you can get it here

3027 firmware

Comment

I've had a similiar error with the same device, but on a Dell Laptop. I've managed to solve it by going to Device Manager (or whatever it may be called, the Dutch word is "Apparaatbeheer"), right clicking the Host Controller and turning it off and on. The error mark disappeared and my USB devices can connect again.

Might help future problems :)

Comment

Thanks for posting, it might help future users as you mentioned!

Yes, that translates to device manager, but what did you disable exactly? Maybe an image would help, or translate if you can.

Comment

In device manager, I right clicked the malfunctioning device. I had an option called disable, which I clicked, so it was disabled. I right clicked it again, it now had the option enable, which enabled it. The malfunction sign disappeared and it's working again.

Comment

Well glad to hear you got it working now!

Comment

Just enable XHCI Workaround in BIOS..it will be fixed. no need to RMA your mobo :)

Comment

I have the same problem with GA-H55N-USB3. It is working fine for one year, except that I never used USB 3.0 ports. Now I've bought an external 1 TB USB 3.0/USB 2.0 backup unit by Seagate and I discovered that the NEC controller onboard is dead. I tried every step described here in this thread, but all failed. And, worse, the dealer where I bought the mobo closed and is out of business. So I only can depend on Gigabyte for this - and I've already emailed them. By the way, I saw dozens of similar claims around the internet - specifically for this motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Recep Baltas View Post
                      Just enable XHCI Workaround in BIOS..it will be fixed. no need to RMA your mobo :)
                      Please teach me how can I enable XHCI Workaround in BIOS. I could not see anything like this in the BIOS Setup. Thanks for your kind attention.

Comment

Originally posted by alexfeldmann View Post
                        Please teach me how can I enable XHCI Workaround in BIOS. I could not see anything like this in the BIOS Setup. Thanks for your kind attention.
                        It's gotta be XHCI hand-off. Enable it. Also update the BIOS with @BIOS.

Comment

It's gotta be XHCI hand-off. Enable it. Also update the BIOS with @BIOS.
                          I have the latest (F5) BIOS update. And there is no XCHI option at all. I saw the conversation about the beta-BIOS, but I only have doubts about using non-official updates. And I can not find those beta-updates in Gigabyte's site, what makes me more unlikely to use them. And, worse, the Brazilian Gigabyte site is poor. And the global Gigabyte site does not show any beta-updates for any BIOS. Do you have any clue? Thanks for your kind attention.

Comment

F5 is the latest bios. try updating your reneses driver from x-drivers.

Comment

F5 is the latest bios. try updating your reneses driver from x-drivers.
                              Thanks again for your kindness. Unfortunately, going to x-drivers I could notice that I already have the latest Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 NEC controller drivers. I only did not have the latest NEC USB 3.0 Host Controller Utility, which I downloaded and installed. But, alas, that utility shows the same message: "host controller not found". For me, this means that my NEC USB 3.0 onboard chipset is completely dead. It is undoubtely onboard, as I could see it with a magnifying glass without any signal of "temperature rise" or any burns around. The mobo is clean as new. The conclusion is quite obvious: my dealer sold me a mobo refused for vending at the so called "first world". And, as my dealer is by now out of business permanently (the shop's owner is actually deceased), my only remedy is running after Gigabyte.

Anyway, thanks for your kind help. Happy New Year. All the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X