Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renesas Electronics USB 3 Host Controller - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Renesas Electronics USB 3 Host Controller - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

it should work fine in 64bit os,i wouldnt use the drivers off the mb cd though,they will be outdated and may cause problems, just let win7 install all the drivers for you,then go to gigabytes website and just download and install the usb3 drivers
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Renesas Electronics USB 3 Host Controller - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Comment

whats that driver for? didnt windows find and install it for you?
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> It appeared as an unknown PCI controller device (or something like that) in the device manager after installing all drivers from Gigabyte. Windows couldn't find driver for it. Then I installed Intel(R) HECI Device Driver from supplied DVD and it disappeared.

Comment

Clear your CMOS and reflash the Latest BIOS using Qflash, in Qflash be sure to disable "Keep DMI Data"

That may help

Comment

Cleared CMOS and reinstalled BIOS using Qflash as suggested - still the same issue.
              Reinstalled Windows - didn't help either - USB 3.0 still doesn't work... What else I could try?

Actually, having another problem with USB on this motherboard, not sure if this is related. One of my USB devices (Philips SRM5100 remote control) installs normally (from Windows update) and works fine for a while. But after 30-60 minutes it stops working and appears with exclamation mark in device manager as an unknown device with status "Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems". This seems to happen regardless of which USB port is used. Reboot temporary fixes the problem (not always), but it fails again after a little while. USB keyboard and mouse works fine. The same remote control has been working on another Windows 7 x64 PC for over a year without any problems.

Could all this indicate a hardware fault?

Comment

any software with the remote? try right clicking it and run as admin or try running in xp compatibility mode,could be hardware or more likely a bios fault,as in not supported properly
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

No, there is no software, just drivers automatically pulled from Windows Update.
                  And as I said it works fine on another PC with the same OS.

Comment

OK. Will have to return the motherboard. Can't think of what else I could try...

Comment

Originally posted by arunas View Post
                      OK. Will have to return the motherboard. Can't think of what else I could try...
                      yes you could have a faulty usb3 controller,youve tried everything you can,you can either contact the place of purchase for an rma ticket or contact gigabyte uk directly
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Tried both actually - contacted Gigabyte yesterday morning. Still no response and on their case tracking system can see that they haven't event read it yet...
                        Much better results from contacting the retailer (Ebuyer) - 5 minutes phone conversation and got approved RMA. They are collecting the motherboard for a replacement on Monday.

Fingers crossed - hopefully the replacement will work as it should...

Comment

Sorry to hear you were unable to solve this!!

Hopefully the new board will work better for you.

Do you have USB 3 drives, if not why all the worry into this? Just wondering, I know I wouldn't RMA over something I'm not using.

Comment

Well, don’t have any USB-3 devices right now, but this is brand new board and I expect it to last me 3 - 5 years. I’m sure by that time USB-3 will become much more widespread. Other thing is that even USB-2 ports on this board seem to be misbehaving. In any case I paid a full price for it and don’t see any reason why I should accept faulty hardware.

Comment

Ya I hear that!

Well let us know how the new board works out for you. Did you UV mark the old one, or write down the serial, just to be sure they give you a new one?

Comment

Can confirm that it was a faulty board. The new one works just fine.
                                Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                                X