Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Sad Day!! News on P65A / P67A PCB = Black

Gigabyte has changed PCB to Black for upcoming P65A & P67A

Kinda Ugly I think, but I guess it will have to grow on me. I do like the heatsink styles though, but the black PCB is terrible

It's terrible all the Asus and Black PCB Lovers convinced Gigabyte to make this change, I always loved their Blue PCB!!

More pics n info here for anyone wanting to check it out
    Gigabyte's First Black-PCB Motherboards: P67A-UD5 and P67A-UD7 | techPowerUp

IDF 2010 – GIGABYTE Goes For Gold With a First Look at their New P67A Motherboard Series | Futurelooks - Digital Lifestyle and Technology for the Masses
    It's great
    53.33%
    Hate it
    46.67%
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-14-2010, 11:25 AM.

Re: It's a Sad Day!! News on P65A / P67A PCB = Black

Yeah, the blue style was much more attractive. I wonder if this is just early reference design only, though?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Now maybe with blue PCI/PCIE and memory slots it wouldn't look so awfully bad, but the black PCB is still never going to look good to me. Blue PCB is actually one of the reasons I first started using Gigabyte come to think of it, I liked the looks and color of their boards.

I really hope it is just a beta test or early design, but I'm doubtful of that because of the color and style of the heatsinks.

Looks like the worked long and hard to come up with the design, sad to see as blue PCB has always meant Gigabyte to me. I'll hate having a black board setup around me!

I really hope they don't do this, but I bet it's already set in stone. I'll see if I can find out anymore on this directly.

They better not do this to 2011 socket boards!!!
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-14-2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

By showing these boards early they can get feedback from the market, so they could be testing the waters, so to speak. I really don't know.
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I sure hope that is what's going on!

Are those images loading fully for you?

Comment

The ones in this thread are loading fine for me.
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I just changed them, I think it might have been Imageshack messing up on me then if they always worked for you.

I was only seeing the top 30px or so of each, even if I viewed the image by itself, so I just re-hosted them to be sure.

Comment

well I don't really care about the color, if the board is good... black&gold look kind of stylish high-end to me, the blue boards somehow did not appear that serious...

noticed an other few pics @ guru3d; http://guru3d.com/news/gigabyte-join...k-side-of-pcb/
                - Z68X-UD3H-B3(rev 1.3), bios F12
                - I5-2500k [3148C059], cooled by scythe mugen2 rev.b with 1500rpm pwm-fan on cpufan header.
                - 8G(2x4G) Corsair Vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1600C9W,Low profile/Low voltage, DDR1600/C9-1.35v. Slots 1&2.
                - 16G(4x4G) Samsung M378B5273DH0-CH9 1333 @ 2133-c11. w1.55v

- Seasonic M12D SS850-EM , 850W Semi-Modular PSU with 80A at 12V.
                - 2x EVGA GeForce GTX285-1GB in SLi, 4x 6pin power and bridge connected.[PCIEX_16 and PCIEX_8]
                - Hauppauge HVR2200 PCIE 1x tv-tuner card.[PCIEX1_3]
                - Intel controller in raid mode.
                - 2x WD 500G blacks in raid0 on intel port 0-1.
                - 1x WD 1000G black on intel port 2.
                - 1x OCZ Vertex2 (32nm) on intel port 3.
                - 1x Optiarc DVDRW on intel port 4.
                - 1x Samsung 500G on marvell port 0.
                - 24" LCD monitor @ Geforce 0, lower HDMI port.
                - 17" LCD monitor @ Geforce 0, upper HDMI port.
                - 19" LCD tv @ intel/onboard HDMI.
                - 4ch analoge speakers, cambridge dtt set.
                - internal spdif header connected to Geforce 0.
                - front usb connected.
                - front ac97 connected.
                - front cardreader (usb) connected.
                - rear 4x usb bracket.
                - ms media keyboard, ms comfort mouse. usb, wired.
                - w7x64-sp1.

Comment

Finally black PCB, I like it and many end users wanted the black PCB.
                  I know some didn't want to buy gigabyte because just of the blue PCB.
                  All the manufactures now use black PCB ... it looks cool in the case :)
                  X58A-UD7 Rev1 | Core i7 920 @ 191x21 4GHz | Thermalright Extreme 120 REV A | Corsair 6GB Dominator GT 1600 C7 | Sapphire HD4870 Toxic 1GB 800/1000 | Antec TPQ-850w

Comment

Yes definitely looks dangerous and powerfull. I think with the blue slots it might look better but I do like the heatsinks!

Comment

I don't hate it nor it's great. As far as I am concered it can be pink with yellow stripes glitter and feathers. The minute I finish the build I don't see it anymore
                      The truth is that vast majority of computer users never seen their motherboard or even know they have one.

Comment

Sounds like we need to help you pick some nicer cases then Chike!

You should be able to see your motherboard at all times, otherwise it may run away and you wouldn't know it until it's too late

Comment

Originally posted by lsdmeasap View Post
                          sounds like we need to help you pick some nicer cases then chike!

You should be able to see your motherboard at all times, otherwise it may run away and you wouldn't know it until it's too late
                          rofl

I like the Black PCB but I dont like the ALL Black look.... Maybe if it had some color the the memory slots and Pci-e slots.
                          Main Rig
                          Gigabyte z87x-OC
                          Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                          G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                          Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                          Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                          HiS ATI HD 6950
                          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                          Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                          Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                          Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                          CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                          Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                          EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                          Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                          Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

I like the black but they could of left a little blue trim or something.
                            GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
                            i7-4790K
                            Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
                            Asus GTX 970 Strix
                            Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Ocz Vector 150 240GB Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
                            Fractal Design R4
                            Noctua NH-U14S
                            SeaSonic 660XP2
                            Creative Extreme Music
                            U2412M
                            Windows 10 x64 Pro

Comment

If only white PCB would be an option. I know, I know, it's not done for a reason. But for aesthetic reasons it would look pretty damn cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X