GA-EP45-UD3R and RAID 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3R and RAID 0

As I am a beginner in RAID 0 technology, could Some expert control the enclosed document. Thanks for any suggestion.
    Attached Files

Re: GA-EP45-UD3R and RAID 0

It look as you created 2 RAID volumes with 1 disk member in each of them instead of one volume with the 2 disks.

Comment

This was the purpose of my message. I suspect I made a mistake but I do not know where. I shall try to find out. It should be somewhere in the BIOS.

Comment

When you create the RAID 0 volume you need to add add the 2 SSD drives to it.
        That will earse any contant you already have on them I believe.

Comment

I suspect I have solved the problem. I am reinstalling Win 7. I shall keep you posted.
          In any case, many thanks for your help.

Comment

You need to recreate your RAID array in the RAID configuration utility as the others have pointed out.

In BIOS "SATA Port0-3 Native Mode" should be set to Enabled. Don't put your DVD-Rom on Ports SATA Port0-3.

I recommend using:
            Intel RST Driver Files for F6 Install
            3/23/2010 Version 9.6.0.1014

When Windows 7 installation starts, in lower left corner of the screen click Add Drivers.
            You can add BOTH the AHCI driver and the ICH10R Raid Drivers from a freshly formatted floppy disk that you put the Intel RST Driver Files on.

You can run the main Intel RST setup after Windows 7 is installed.

Comment

Yes, delete both arrays you made from the RAID ROM page.

Then when you create a new array be sure to select both SSD disks to create the RAID array from. You should also enable Native Mode in the BIOS.

If you want to make it easier, if you remove your third hard drive when you go to create the array both SSD disks will automatically be chosen for you.

Comment

I followed all suggestions and everything works fine. Concerning Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Version 9.6.0.1014), I installed it after Win 7 installation. And during Win 7 installation, I added no drivers and encountered no problems.
                Many many thanks from rainy Switzerland.

Comment

Nice to see all went well!

Post back anytime if you need more help

Comment

Working...
                  X