Problem with ep45 ud3p rev 1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with ep45 ud3p rev 1.6

Could you please provide the information as described in steps 1-4 in this post.
    Mean while you may try the following changes after loading optimized defaults:
    Code:
    DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance ------------------- : [Standard]

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core ---------------- 1.100V ------- : [1.2] <<< try 1.2-1.24v

Comment

i think it's normal...... the same thing happens with asus rampage.... XG31i.....
      Never forget "ThE lEmOn"

Comment

Use optimized defaults not fail safe, until we can advise you on settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
          Could you please provide the information as described in steps 1-4 in this post.
          Mean while you may try the following changes after loading optimized defaults:
          Code:
          DRAM Performance Control
          Performance Enhance ------------------- : [Standard]

MCH/ICH
          MCH Core ---------------- 1.100V ------- : [1.2] <<< try 1.2-1.24v
          Hi again guys... I tried setting the BIOS with the info given in the code box after loading optimized settings and nothing happened. I just tried to use totally diferent components, everything, a 4350 vcard, 2 1gb bars of spectek (generic) ram, a core2duo e6320 and a generic PSU. the same thing happened. It works flawlessly when it boots up, but you cant restart it from windows nor reset it from the case.... also happened that was not booting up from scratch... like a wrong overclock...

Any advise????

:(

Comment

So your restart button does nothing in windows and on your case?

Comment

no, what happens is that, let say that you press the power button. so it turns on, you use it, you play, you work... it works flawlessly. then, lets say you install some software that will ask you to restart the pc for it to work, or, that you press the reset button. The computer starts restarting and the int turns off without posting and sometimes it keeps trying, turns off, then again tries to go up, and turns off. so i have to disconnect it from the psu... like doing a bad overclock, but as said previously, i do stock.

:(

Comment

Ahh ok, well stock settings can be bad/wrong and cause this, same as an overclock would.

Give us your full settings and a link to your memory and we can have a look again if we have not already.

What BIOS is this as well?

Comment

Ok, I actually have sold all of the other components for an upgrade, but the ep45ud3p is gathering dust because of that issue, so i must get the borrowed ones that I used to test and compare it the last time and I will keep you informed.

Next saturday.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X