Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with ep45 ud3p rev 1.6

Hey guys!

I need your help please! I have this mobo and when I press the reset button, the system shuts down and after a few seconds turns on again. This also happens when I click on the restart button from windows 7. when I try to use the same components but with a Asus Striker Motherboard, nothing like this happens. I would like to know how to fix this and also if this is something to be worried about.

thank you very much!

I tried this with:

Antec Quattro 850w
    q6600
    OCZ raper dual 4GB
    GTX480
    And a generic case

I will be very pleased to have an answer for this

The BIOS that is currently installed is the f9

Thanks

Re: Problem with ep45 ud3p rev 1.6

check in the bios that when power button is pressed its set to instant off,i cant remember which page or whether your board has that option but go through bios carefully and check,check that wake on lan is disabled aswell as this might affect it
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Does it also boot twice from cold?
      Do you OC or run stock frequency? If stock try to load optimized defaults, and re-apply any changes needed for RAID/boot disk priority.
      Read this post for manual stock settings and adjutments that may be required for 4GB memory.

Comment

thanks for your answer

I do stock. Well, it has happend 2 or 3 times that boots twice from cold. but it is not as common as the reset/restart thing. I have already loaded optimized settings but nothing changed. I also took the battery out for maybe 1 minute and again... nothing happend. Gigabyte guys told me to put the battery vertically on top of the battery contact but i am not able to do this yet.

If anyone has more ideas, please post them here so I can try everything you come up with to make it work

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Please re-verify your board revision and BIOS version, F9 should have never been installed on rev. 1.6, first release BIOS was FA.

Comment

Oh GOD! I should have gotten into gigabytes website through the first ud3p shown, which is rev 1.0... Never realized it until today, however it came out of the box with F6 BIOS...

Thanks a lot!

I will bring you news on saturday.

:(
            Last edited by PerroSinSangre; 07-01-2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

So it is 1.0/1.1 board? In that case would be probably good idea to flash BIOS F10 which list memory enhacements.
              Don't use @BIOS, use BIOS built in QFlash to flash BIOS.
              Some tweaks may still need to be applied for dull stability and/or to get rid of the dual boots.

Comment

Ok, it is a 1.6 revision. What I mean is that, when I got it, the BIOS that was with it out of the box, was F6, and when I searched for the bios on thier website, the first ud3 that popped up, was the 1.0 revision and BIOS for that specific revision... Also, I did not think that revisons needed their own BIOS, I thought revisions were to change physical things, not internal, software stuff on boards. However it is very strange that a different revision BIOS was allowed to be installed on it.

Comment

F6 is the bios that originally came with my EP45-UD3P rev: 1.0 motherboard.
                  The revision number is located in the lower left rear corner of your motherboard.
                  The cpu-z mainboard panel will show your mobo model name and bios version, e.g. F6.

F6 is an old bios version. There are many bios fixes in the most recent bios version.
                  Follow the procedures in the BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide".
                  Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                  P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                  4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                  MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                  Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                  WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                  Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                  SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                  Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                  Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                  Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                  MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                  Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                  win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                  HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                  CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                  E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                  Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                  Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                  HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                  win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Ok, maybe I'm not clear enough.

I bought a EP45 UD3P MoBo, its rev. is 1.6
                    It came with BIOS F6 out of the box, that's why it was normal for me when I searched for a BIOS update by browsing the gigabytes website and found the f9 as the newest, but that was because I did not search for any specific revision, just the boards reference and the BIOS, and the first ep45ud3p that is shown on the site, is the rev 1.0, with a link for the 1.1 and 1.6.

Comment

Check the board itself. The noard revision is printed at the corner above the far PCI slot I/O panel side.
                      It is possible the board revision do not match the print on the box.
                      Rev 1.1 and 1.0 share the same BIOS which latest is now F10.

Comment

Ya, and it's also possible that it was a return/swticharoo board from the shop you got it at too, ya never know.

Comment

No no, I am totally sure it is a 1.6... because of the bottom left corner print. The thing is that at the time im not with it so at this point I cant check exactly the BIOS version, nor make any test, but I will be back with her tomorrow so I will tell you... thanks for the answers.

Comment

Ahh ok, well let us know once you get back to the board.

Comment

Ok, I just came home and... I got with me a pen drive with the latest version of FE bios, my brother had it already flashed so I could not confirm if the previous version installed was indeed a 1.0/1.1rev BIOS. I flashed it again though and then took the battery off and placed it verticall over the contact and waited for some moments. Turned it on again and then came into bios and loaded fail safe setting and optimal settings. the computer booted ok for a few times but then the problem showed up again. When we reseted from the case button, turned itself off for 3 or 4 seconds and then started again, sometimes. Then, when tried to restart from windows the same happened but also sometimes. there was a couple of times that the computer tried to start but it could not and did some turn off / turn on attempts like when you do an overclock that will not be stable at all... and we needed to turn the PSU off for it to start ok again.

I really don't know what it could be since this never happened before and it was being used stock non 24/7 for maybe 4 months now... Could you please let me know what I can do or what do you think this can be?

thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                              X