No announcement yet.

GA-H55-USB3 Prime95 errors due to mobo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-H55-USB3 Prime95 errors due to mobo?

I have no way, other than to buy another kit, to get ahold of ddr3 ram.
    I have a 5 year-old psu (450W) that might work.
    I have been using optimized, but I adjusted the settings to the manufacturer's specs:
    10x multiplier
    7-7-7-20
    1.66V (although, the system seems way more stable at 1.5V)
    - I have tested the ram at 1.5V using memtest86 and throws 0 errors after multiple passes

Shall I attempt to switch power supplies?

I should mention that once I get into windows, I can run prime95 for over an hr with 0 errors.
    Last edited by wayne.i.hill; 07-11-2010, 12:18 AM.
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3 (1.0) (BIOS F5)
    CPU: Intel i5 661
    RAM: OCZ Platinum 2 x 2GB (OCZ3P1333LV4GK)
    PSU: Corsair 750TX

Comment

Well you really only need a single stick of ram if you want to test that, so if it would be easier for you to get that than a kit go ahead with a single stick.

That PSU might work, be sure it's in good running condition before trying though.

If the system seems more stable at 1.5V then try 1.5-1.6, you don't always have to use the spec amount I was just suggesting it because it's best to try that if you have issues to rule out inadequate voltage.

Comment

Yeah, I certainly don't trust the power supply. I have never heard of the brand before it it hasn't run in about 2 years.

Thanks for the suggestions, I didn't realize the numbers beside weren't the numbers being run. Since the numbers were 7-7-7-16, I only changed the 16 off "Auto" to 20
        also with:
        tRFC at 72
        Memory at 1.5V
        QPI at 1.21V
        and PHC up one tic.

The computer has been stable enough to install all the updated drivers.
        I let it run all night (terrified I would wake up and it would be flashing the colors) but it was fine this morning. I ran prime95 for 2 hrs and no problem ( the cpu temp capped out at 67 C).
        I am going to leave the settings alone for a few days, try a couple of movies and hope that its stable.
        Wish me luck!

Thanks again for all your help and time. I really appreciate it.
        To find someone incredibly knowledgeable and helpful at the same time is a rare breed.

Comment

Anytime, I'm always here to help - and thanks for the kind words!!

Have any better luck with this yet? Just checking in

Comment

I think I may have found the problem;
            The computer could handle any stress test no problem with the BIOS setting we worked out, but for some reason itunes could reproduce the crash consistently. I had the cover off and noticed that the psu had a loud static sound coming from it was making a "chirping" noise right before (and as) it crashed.
            I was about to RMA the psu, but read their forums first. There was a post that discussed noises from the psu and suggested turning off power saving measures in the BIOS. So a long story short:

Disabling C3/C6 State support prevented the crashes, but still had the noises.
            Disabling C3/C6 State support and C1E prevented the crashes and that got rid of the noise.
            CPU EIST didn't seem to make a difference.

For anyone else who may be having the same problem, I suggest listening to the psu for static noises (a small amount is fine, but mine was noticeable from a few feet away). If it is ok to post the link I can do that below.
            If you believe that your PSU is louder than it should be there are a few things you should check before assuming that the PSU is faulty. First, you should be aware of what can cause the noise that you are hearing. If you are hearing a buzz or electrical type sound, then it’s likely due to a capac...

So far it has been running for 2 days without a hick-up. I want to give it a couple more days before relaxing, but so far it looks solved.

Thanks again
            Last edited by wayne.i.hill; 07-14-2010, 02:04 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Nice to see you are getting somewhere!

Yes, you can post any link you like, no problem!

Comment

you have windows 7,its probably c1e that was causing the crashes,if i were you i would look in power saving options and choose balanced profile,it will throttle cpu when idle like c1e but is more reliable and no psu noise,if its unstable then choose high performance
                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X