Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to use full 4GB with GA-H55M-UD2H?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible to use full 4GB with GA-H55M-UD2H?

they only way you would know for sure if the onboard graphics is using ram is to plug in a graphics card and see if it frees up the full 4gb then,if you could borrow one to test it with,and yes flash to the latest bios on gigabytes site first
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, I'm still working on that, but I think this post demonstrates that it is the onboard graphics:

But onboard or not, there's no way this should be happening with modern hardware and software.

Comment

-F9 BIOS: no effect, still showing 3.75GB usable (onboard video)
        -Memory modules identical
        -WITH a video card (onboard video automatically disabled per the BIOS): "Usable" memory now, according to Windows: 3.87 GB out of 4GB installed. So instead of 261MB being reserved for onboard graphics, 133MB is reserved for Nvidia (128MB less). This figure is just like was mentioned in the Overclockers thread mentioned in May and seems to be as good as it gets.

Conclusion: How anyone can use this board (with or without onboard video), and have a full 4GB available to x64, is beyond my ability to fathom.

Comment

it makes sense for it to use 261mb for onboard graphics and less for a gpu that has its own memory soldered onto the gpu board
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

That's the only part of it that makes sense. All video memory should be mapped out, and this usable memory thing should never come into play. We can't even say that it's a problem with this particular board, since Gigabyte's screenshot above apparently shows that it is possible.

It's just that no one but them seems to be able to do it.

Comment

Did you test with the GFX card in, but disable the onboard yourself manually? Auto is not always doing what you think, so I would disable this manually to be sure.

Comment

Onboard VGA has only two choices: the default "Enable If No Ext PEG" and "Always Enable." It was certainly inactive, since I accidentally still had the monitor plugged into it after installing the card--and I had no video. I would have if they were both enabled.

In addition, the current address space listing in Device Manager reflects nVidia but no longer makes mention of the onboard video.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but between this thread and the original one over on Overclockers, no one with this board besides Gigabyte has ever seen "4GB usable" in Windows. If true, that's quite interesting.

Comment

I will ask for you later this week or next if they will give me more information on the testing setup they gave me those images from, such as what BIOS settings they were using in regards to this and what GFX card they used if any as well.

Comment

Don't worry guys you aren't on your own, everyone I know with the GA-H55M-UD2H has the same problem where a chunk of memory becomes Hardware Reserved when using 4GB.

Strangely however this Hardware Reserved chunk gets freed up if you use 8GB.

Anywho here's my screenies of the problem:

I know of at least 5 other people with the exact same problem.

Comment

hmm.. i have exact same problem, only with a different board. I'm using Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H (F5 bios) with Sapphire HD 4770 and 2x2GB Transcend JM1333KLU-2G, all stock.

here's my screenie:

is this a Gigabyte bug?
                      Attached Files

Comment

it shouldnt be using any if you have a graphics card installed,made sure you fully disabled the onboard graphics??
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

I already did disable the onboard graphics, the sad thing is in my BIOS, there is no option to disable it permanently, the only option is Enable If No Ext PEG - which according to manual it activates the onboard graphics only if no PCI Express graphics card is installed, and the other option is Always Enable. so i chose Enable If No Ext PEG.

so I'm thinking this is a bug since I already have a discreet video card but still I have a reserved memory, which in this case not needed.
                          Last edited by greenoptics; 07-27-2010, 08:13 AM.

Comment

maybe gigabyte boards wont let you fully disable it, as in its enabled at default ready to use when you unbox it,i dont know about asus evga ect
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Thing is, the onboard IGP is deffo disabled when using a PCI-E GPU as it isn't listed in windows HW manager.

Also, when using 8GB the memory miraculously reappears.

Sounds much more like a BIOS bug to me.

Comment

probably,i think asus boards let you remap the memory to give you the full amount back but not with gigabyte
                                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                                Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Working...
                                X