GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.6, CPU multi stuck at 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.6, CPU multi stuck at 6

The "give-a-way" occurred when I loaded up ubuntu and it did the same thing. I reloaded Win 7 x64 and enabled TM2. It went back to its "stuck state". I disabled TM2 and the system is working fine again (I am using FEb BIOS rev). Sidebar, an interesting feature appears when I press F9.
    Background: I keep backups of all my OS' I use with different CPUs, etc I have three 1TB external USB drives for this purpose. I loaded XP(32bit), ubuntu (64bit), Win 7 (32bit) and Win 7 (64bit), all stayed in the "stuck state" with TM2 enabled. And all started working when I disabled TM2. I tried the E8400 CPU and it did the same thing under each OS., stuck with TM2 enabled, un-stuck with TM2 disabled.
    What is very curios is that both the E8400 and Q9550 worked perfectly, un-stuck, until I tried setting up a RAID 1 configuration. I do not remember if TM2 was enabled or disabled in this situation. The problem started when I tried clearing the CMOS after I screwed up the RAID configuration.

Yes, Prime95 (64 bit) sends the core temps into the low to mid 60's. Core 0 always runs a few degrees hotter than the rest. 32 bit programs seem to "hog" core 0 while the 64 bit program share all cores (core aware programs). Attached is the core temps, when running 3 virus scans and Diskeeper defraging a 1.5TB drive.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.6, CPU multi stuck at 6

Thanks, sounds like it is easily reproducible, please go ahead and send in a report on this if you have not already.

Good, your sensors are working then, no need to worry about Idle temps if one core is stuck. The temp will just readout wrong, it wont necessarily be that hot unless it is close to the other core temps

Comment

Working...
      X