E8500/HD5830 OCCT Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E8500/HD5830 OCCT Problems?

So I have learned to like 2.00D strap! Now, one more time, if I want to go beyond the 448 FSB will/should I start to Tweak the MCH Reference so that I can increase the Vtt setting? I'm sure I'll be increasing the Vcore voltage one way or another to get to a higher FSB. I'll even give in and and Enable LLC.

Comment

Answered one of my own questions - once I increased the FSB to 453 or 4.3GHz and raised the Vcore to 1.40V and the Vtt to 1.30V the system would not boot. I lowered the MCH Reference voltage to .072V and the system boots and seems to run ok.

Comment

My usual settings,they might be of some interest

sorry im too lazy to read back thru all the posts but there is one occt test ,in the newer versions that will fail for me,its the psu test,gets my cpu core tempsup to 93- 95C..where cpu fails.
        Its not pure linpac cos that passes ok and i dont know how it gets the cpu up to that temp cpus running that speed need double the rated power anyway.
        I dont see it as a test more a well here u go 100 Tj max is about right ,just like it says on the tin.
        edit :its like its running gpu and linpac simultaneously,probably residual heat from gx card isnt being exited fast enough with linpac running at the same time(for me).gx card is oclcked also;
        Last edited by kick; 06-04-2010, 05:09 PM.
        Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
        Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
        Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
        8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
        60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
        GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
        Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
        http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Nice to see you are making some progress now!

If you get stuck and need help give us your full settings you are trying and tell us the issue

Comment

Working...
          X