DIMM slot not enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIMM slot not enabled

I have got 2x 2GB Corsair memory modules with my Gigabyte P55-USL3, Intel i5 CPU and using Windows 7 64Bit.

The RAM is installed in slots 1 and 3 (white) as indicated by the manual. However, when I boot up the system Windows registers as "4.00GB (2.00 GB usable)"

In the BIOS, the memory is shown as only having 2GB. However, if in the BIOS I go to the MIT MB Intelligent Tweaker and examine the status, it reports both modules but that only module 3 is enabled. It shows that there is memory installed in both slots 1 and 3 but only slot 3 is enabled. How do I enable slot 1?

Re: DIMM slot not enabled

Are you setting your own QPI/Vtt and Vdimm voltages?

If not set those, you may need 1.2-1.3 or so QPI/Vtt depending on your memory speed and timings, and overclock settings. And set your Vdimm to 1.66 if this is 1.65V memory.

If that does not help then you will need to check for shorts caused by your cooler or backplate, or check your CPU socket for bent pins. If you are unsure if you have bent pins please post a few images from different angles of your CPU socket, bent pins or incorrect settings is usually the cause of this, but it can also be caused by improper CPU Heatink pressure so try tightening or loosening that a tiny bit.

Comment

I tried the settings you suggested in the BIOS and with various combinations of those settings. Still no luck.

I also remove the motherboard and all components from the case completely onto an anti-static mat and I still get the same problem. This is the state its currently in and will be left in until I either find a solution to this problem or I have to send the motherboard back.

I then examined the CPU and CPU pins with magnifying glass. Everything looked fine there. No bent pins.

Finally I loosened the heat sink and fan so its just sitting on top of the CPU instead of pushing down on it. Still no difference.

Any other ideas because it's driving me crazy? I have submitted a support request to Gigabyte but have no reply at the moment. Very frustrating.

Comment

have you tried just one stick in the first white slot from cpu socket?? it will boot into windows if its working,then test the next white slot,test both the ram modules one at a time in each slot
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Since you still have it sitting out of the case in testing mode, you do still right? Can you please post me a few images of the socket?

Sometimes many people overlook or cannot see bent or misaligned pins, so I just wanted to check to be sure.

Do you have any other memory to test with? Did you try with the Intel stock cooler?

What cooler are you using anyway, did you check to be sure it is not shorting anything on the front or back?

Comment

Working...
          X