Marvell Raid 0 is not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marvell Raid 0 is not working!

Spent the weekend playing with the setup. ATT0 showed low 700s read and high 600s write.

However, still no luck to update the firmware 1.11 to the existing raid 0 setup (Win 7 64 OS). The OCZ updater just could not read the drives at all. After read many posts at OCZ forum, I have tried all these but still no luck to update the four Vertex2 drives.

- Switched from RAID 0 to AHCI mode. Started with Win 7 64 installation disc and went to the Command Prompt, found the USB stick (carries OCZ firmware updater), hit the ssdupdate.exe, still the updater could not find the drives.

- Found a spare drive with OS installed and four Vertex2 attached as a secondary drive. Opened the OCZ updater and still the program could not find the drives.

- Used my wife's laptop (Win 7 OS), connected one Vertex2 via eSATA, open the updater but the drive could not be detected.

???

Comment

ok. problem being solve

I went for method 2 again. Used a spare OS drive to update the Vertex2. And I used SAFE MODE for the operation and the updater found the drives.

However, I updated them to firmware 1.10, not 1.11 the latest. 1.11 still have conflict with the BIOS (as discussed at OCZ forum).

I just have to wait for Gigabyte to resolve this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

Diskpart > Select Disk 0
        Diskpart > Create Partition Primary Align=1024
        Diskpart> Format Quick FS+NTFS (Can be combined with above)
        Diskpart > List Partition
        Diskpart > Active
        Diskpart > Exit
        Lsdmeasap,

Is there a way to find out the drives are correctly align?

Comment

Yes, run AS SSD and it will show you a value in either Green (OK/Aligned - Offset) or Red (Bad/Not aligned - Offset)

Here is how it looks both ways, aligned/non-aligned

Alex Intelligent Software - Downloads: AS SSD Benchmark

Comment

Lsdmeasap,

I've noticed the speed of the drives can be quite a different between two days! Max could reach 740 yesterday and today could be down to mid to low 600s

What other programs that you recommend can beef up the speed to the factory fresh stage?

Comment

Well the more you use and or bench it the slower it might be until it recovers some speed via GC or TRIM.

I would just not worry about it and use it normally, it's going to speed up and slow down as you use it, that's normal.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

As far as I know TRIM is not available in RAID. So what is GC? How do I take advantage of it?

Comment

Yeap, TRIM does not work in RAID as of now.

GC is done by the disks themselves during Idle time, to increase it's opportunity to do it's job some people log off windows for a few hours once a week or more so the system can sit idle.

But it will work if you don't do that too, that's just giving it extra time is all.

Comment

Working...
                  X