Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consolidate firmware/driver/BIOS

Hi,

I am a recent Gigabyte purchaser. I am having a number of problems and I am trying to bring everything up-to-date. I have found a large amount of great information and updates here, but I am becoming frustrated with trying to find all the current firmware, driver, BIOS, tools, utilities, etc., files. They seem to be spread all over the place.

I would like to suggest a different approach to providing this information. It should be easy to implement

Start a sticky thread that contains all of the BIOS, driver, utilities, and tools in one place. If the software of this site supports it, an updatable blog format may be the most effective. Another solution is a sticky with the first post being maintained as the current state of available updates. The bottom line is that people should be able to look at a single entry of a single thread and find a clear and succinct list of all the available updates for a specific motherboard. All references to updates need to be an active link.

This would really simplify the lives of users in search of the current state of the releases for their computers. Please consider this approach for your loyal followers.

Another idea - Looking at file names here and on the official US site (which seems to lag this site in a generally unacceptable way), there needs to be a consistent file name format. Don't use periods in the description or file names. Us the normal underscore used to display the x.n.y.etc format in an acceptable file name format. These need to be consistent between official sites and this sites. If the official sites can't be convinced to do this; then this site should follow these guidelines. The official site naming leaves out release numbers or makes them unacceptable to the operating system. The text describing the download should follow this format as well as the actual downloadable files. There is simply no reason for this not to happen. Get with the program. Not DOS anymore. Help the customer. Why make it harder for no reason.
    Last edited by alternety; 04-26-2010, 07:08 PM.
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
    i7 3770
    2 X 8GB F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL DDR3 1600 1.5V GSkill Ripjaws
    Integrated graphics
    Seasonic Platinum 760W
    be quite! Dark Rock Pro 2
    Fractal Define XL R2 case
    Win 8.1 64 Pro

Re: Consolidate firmware/driver/BIOS

You can find all the latest bios in one of the stickies at the top of this gigabyte forum found here gigabyte-latest-bios/.

For the latest drivers and utilities they can be found in another stick also found on the top of this forum found here latest-overclocking-programs-system-info-benchmarking-stability-tools/.

Post of these post are maintained by Stasio who will post the update along with change log if one is provided at the end of each post. Along with Update the first post of each thread with the current version.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Re: Consolidate firmware/driver/BIOS

+1 ^^

What specifically are you having trouble keeping track of?

File names, well this depends on what you mean as well. BIOS file names here follow the same as the official site, everything else such as drivers and programs are directly linked via the source (Such as Intel) and as such we cannot change the file names.

Comment

Working...
      X