Q6700 + X48-DS4 Overclocking drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Q6700 + X48-DS4 Overclocking drama

EPP is 2.1v so give it at least +0.2 and check PC Health Status after reboot.
    I don't think Lsdmeasp guide was for CAS 4 memory, was it?

Comment

ok, just ran max test in IBT with 3.33Ghz and success :)
      Attached Files

Comment

The guide is meant as a general getting started guide, of course you should always set your memory voltage to the spec'd amount before you get started.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          The guide is meant as a general getting started guide, of course you should always set your memory voltage to the spec'd amount before you get started.
          yeah, my knowledge of overclocking and voltages was/is next to none. i was just so frustrated at the time i thought i had wasted my money on the set up i had chosen for overclocking.

Comment

Good news, run Prime95 snall and large FFT 1-2 hours each then 8+ hours blend.

The mamory may be capable of DDR-1000 or hire with 5-5-5-15 timings. 370MHz FSB x 9m with memory multimpkier 2.66D is one option, another is 425MHz FSB x 8 (3.4GHz) and memory multipkier 2.40B.

You can save different BIOS profiles (F11 in main BIOS screen) that can be restored later (F12)..
            Last edited by Chike; 04-23-2010, 03:45 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

It's nice to see you got it going better now, and didn't end up buying new hardware when you didn't need to.

Comment

Working...
              X