No announcement yet.

Another Q9550 + EP45-UD3R Oveclocking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Q9550 + EP45-UD3R Oveclocking.

Try XMP profile if you have it with all timings auto, DRAM Voltage2.1-2.12v, and Static tRead Value 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      Try XMP profile if you have it with all timings auto, DRAM Voltage2.1-2.12v, and Static tRead Value 9.

Comment

Last edited by APC1; 04-16-2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Leave the reference voltages and DRAM Remination auto unless you need to tweak them.

If you don't have XMP then just set standard timings and leave advanced timings on auto for now.

Comment

I dont see your graphics card type or psu,number of hdd's/fans etc,maybe I missed it.
            Cpu overclocking increases power required a lot.If yo have a high power consumption gx card it could be a problem.My system is ok if I got a larger card or could run xfire/sli I might be in trouble.

Anyway here is my template running 24/7 for 1-1.5years no real problems. I dont run below 490 cpu ref,but will turn the cpuspeed down from 4ghz to 3.92 and memory from 1000mhz to 980 on a hot day,just to keep temperatures down.

Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
            Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
            Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
            8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
            60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
            GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
            Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
            http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

It would realy help if you had your system specs in your forum signature.

Why do you set vcore below default value? you might need even more than default.

The absolute value of the reference value is not very important, with auto settings it is 63% of VTT, and DRAM Termination and references are 50% of DRAM Voltage.

Have you ran IBT(Intel Burn Test)? If you have what GFlops and core temps do you get?

Comment

Comment

MCH/DRAM Reference, DRAM Termination, and Channels reference change with DRAM Voltage not VTT.
                  MCH Reference and CPU Reference change with VTT.

If you are using default values leave them on auto, or when you post post like this:
                  NOW MCH Reference….…….0.760V...........; 0.810V (0.76 @ 1.2 VTT)

EDIT: what GFlops you had with IBT? Did you use standard or max stress level?

Comment

Hello

Intel burn test High level (the max i can pass because i use a WXP 32 bit.

what GFlops 48.900 max approximately with value in auto and 48.800 max approximately setting values as i speak (MCH Reference….…….0.760V...........; 0.810V (0.76 @ 1.2 VTT & NOW MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: 0.900V )

Thanks

Comment

OK 48 GFlops is good for 3.8GHz.

To set DRAM/MCH Ref, DRAM Termination, and Channels references, set DRAM Voltage to default 1.8v, set those options to 0.9 (50%) then set DRAM Voltage back to the value you want it.

Comment

Comment

Auto and default .76 @ 1.2 VTT are the same.

Please set DRA< references and termination to default first and even better to auto.
                          You may try 2.66C multiplier, and/or MCH Reference above default (0.78+ @ 1.2VTT)
                          Other things, VTT 1.3-1.32, DRAM Voltage 2.1-2.14v, Channel Driving Strength 1200/1066 (both channels), Static tRead Value 10 (both channels)

Comment

There is a problem here:
                            You can not expect your memory to easily reach its max rated speed while you are overclocking the cpu

You have to get your mind around the fact that your memory may not work a its max rated speed with your cpu overclocked.
                            Hold the cpu at its normal speed and seei f the memory will go to 1150mhz or hold the memory at a lo speed antd try to get a max cpu speed.

If you check through the many many threads for quad core intel cpu on ep-45 gigabyte motherboards.: this is what you get

maximum practical cpu ref=500mhz on air cooling.
                            Many people hit a wall at 450cpu ref.the next "wall" comes around 480-500 cpu ref (1920-2000 fsb) if you like to look at it that way

The mch chip doesnt allow both maximum cpu and maximum memory performance.

I get 9-10gb/s bandwidth with my memory and around 57 on the latency.
                            Your meomory may be cabable of more,but it doesnt matter.
                            ddr3 memory and an overclocked i 920 might get 25-30gb/s .doesnt matter to us .

Im just saying yeh you might get 1150mhz speed on your memory.maybe 1200 + even but dont gimp up the cpu.
                            Get your cpu ref up aound 480+ amd work off that and you should see the maximum p performance
                            Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                            Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                            Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                            8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                            60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                            GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                            Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
                            http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X