Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-P55M-UD2 - Ran bios updater from the CD, now my computer has become unusable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-P55M-UD2 - Ran bios updater from the CD, now my computer has become unusable!

I think they do it pretty fast, within a week or so if I remember right.

Comment

Re: GA-P55M-UD2 - Ran bios updater from the CD, now my computer has become unusable!

Honestly I think at this point I might just sell this computer at a loss and just build a new one.

Since it works fairly well now (w/3 cores and with a 8600 GT card) I can probably sell it for around $600. I bought it for $800 and since I'll probably have to get a new card around 200-bucks anyway, no real difference in just buying a new one right? Never should have bought one off craigslist lol

What do you guys think?

Comment

Ahh so you bought this used? Could be the owner new the CPU was faulty?

Intel will probably still RMA with you, if they want a receipt just tell them the CPU was a gift from your grandparents or something.

Not sure what you could sell it for, if anything, mentioning a faulty CPU will be a turn off to every potential buyer I would think

Comment

Ha yah I bought it. And I wish I still had the seller's contact information but I dont. He definitely wasn't running the default BIOS settings when I got the PC from him.

But good news! I reinstalled windows 7 (the pc-repair guy put on a trial version) and reformatted both drives. I'm now able to boot up on my original drive. I also tweaked some more BIOS options; disabling 'Supercharge' and the 'C1/C2/C3/C4' options. I've got it on four cores again and it seems to be running fine.

Still kind of want to sell it and just build my own now though lol.

Comment

stick it on ebay now its running on all four cores,and buy yourself a new chip(SEALED BOX) only though i wouldnt run the risk of buying used again if at all
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What chips are known to work well with windows 7? I've heard some of the intel ones have had some problems

Comment

all should work well,what did you have before i7 750? try a new one of those you dont know what the last owner did to that chip
                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, any chip will work fine with windows 7, CPU does not matter for that.

Comment

Working...
                  X