Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-P55M-UD2 - Ran bios updater from the CD, now my computer has become unusable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P55M-UD2 - Ran bios updater from the CD, now my computer has become unusable!

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMWILLI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h3 {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; mso-outline-level:3; font-size:13.5pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> So I recently bought a custom PC with a GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard, Radeon hd 4760 card, and running windows 7. <o:p></o:p>

It was working perfectly, until I decided to update the BIOS with the auto-update program on the CD that came with the motherboard. The first boot up after the update, the computer crashes completely from my desktop. Ever since I have not been able to do anything but get into the BIOS settings without it crashing. That includes; system restore, memory diagnostics, safe-mode, windows reinstall from CD, etc. Occasionally I can get it to the windows login screen before it crashes, but all I see is a black screen with my mouse cursor.<o:p></o:p>

I’ve tried taking out the motherboard's battery for 10 minutes, as well as flashing the bios with no luck. I really liked my computer, someone tell me how to fix this! : (<o:p></o:p>

Re: GA-P55M-UD2 - Ran bios updater from the CD, now my computer has become unusable!

you mean you used @bios??? its not very good to flash with ALWAYS use q-flash and a usb stick formatted in fat32 with the bios on it then flash that way,can you get to your bios screen without it crashing? is it stable??
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Re: GA-P55M-UD2 - Ran bios updater from the CD, now my computer has become unusable!

The BIOS screen is the only thing that is stable at the moment. I've tried playing around with the settings (such as switching to fail-safe mode) but nothing really helps.

and yah, it was @bios lol

Comment

well its fine aslong as you can get into the bios,do you have a usb memory stick??? if you do then you need to format it to fat32 using this program,http://www.mediafire.com/?qy1mikzjyyq
        next is to download the latest bios for your mb which is http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/12...55mud2.f9c.zip extract it to desktop then drag the fxx file to the usb stick.....start up pc and when at splash screen press end and select usb and bios file to flash with and follow on screen guide. To use USB in Qflash you need "Legacy USB Storage Detect" Enabled in the Integrated Peripherals Page of the BIOS. You also need to leave the USB drive plugged in when you reboot to Qflash
        Last edited by warren300; 04-12-2010, 05:19 PM.
        Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
        Dual Boot
        Ati x1950 pro gpu
        1050w psu
        Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Tried that once before with no luck using Q-flash. It seemed to reinstall the bios properly, but the computer still crashes the same afterward.

Though I would think its worth trying once more, I'll give it a shot once I get home (I'm on my work computer)
          Last edited by mattwilliams85; 04-12-2010, 05:17 PM.

Comment

what bios did you flash from and too?? also did you have sata drives in ide or ahci mode in bios??
            Dual Boot
            Ati x1950 pro gpu
            1050w psu
            Nzxt lexa case

Comment

I used the F7 bios from here GA-P55M-UD2 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

and I think i tried switching over to ahci mode (the boot up screen prompts me if I want to switch to that mode everytime i reset the bios) and it makes things even worse. It can't even get to the BIOS settings or detect my drives without a hard reset by taking out the battery.

Comment

A few more things to try before you do any re-flashing,in bios select load optimized defaults then save/exit/restart.then in bios carefully look through each page makesure sata drives are in ide mode,makesure you set your os hard drive as first boot device and your gpu as first initial display then save/exit/restart again and see if it crashes then.As for ahci dont worry about that aslong as its in ide that wont matter(you need drivers installed to enable ahci)
                Last edited by warren300; 04-12-2010, 05:36 PM.
                Dual Boot
                Ati x1950 pro gpu
                1050w psu
                Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Ok, I'll give this all a try and report back on here tomorrow with what happens.

Thanks for all your help so far! I really appreciate it

Comment

Let me know if you need more help, this can easily be fixed.

You have good advice above, so I will move along until you guys say you need my thoughts.

Comment

Well I took it to a tech repair guy who's really good with computers. He figured out whatever was wrong pretty fast and fixed the problem by putting in a new hard-drive and using my original as a secondary.

As for saving the secondary though... thats still up in the air. He's going to run some diagnostics on it today
                      Last edited by mattwilliams85; 04-15-2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

i dont know how updating the bios caused your hard drive to fail??? unless it corrupted windows if it crashed?? you might be able to do a start up recovery on your original drive if you use the windows installation cd
                        Dual Boot
                        Ati x1950 pro gpu
                        1050w psu
                        Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Yah I don't totally understand it. The videocard is also freezing up the computer now after an hour or so of running. Who thought one BIOS update could mess up so much

Comment

have you updated all your mb drivers from gigabyte wesite? if not do that,is it just videocard thats freezing? or is it causing pc to blue screen and restart?? ifso what qpi voltage are you using?
                            Dual Boot
                            Ati x1950 pro gpu
                            1050w psu
                            Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Nice to see you got it working!

Now, don't go back to the tech guy! Sounds like he is trying to rob you by making you buy a new hard drive, this is not needed at all.

Give us your full BIOS settings and we can advise back, template in my signature. You likely just need to make a few changes is all.

Comment

Working...
                              X