Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The saga repeats itself - Accessing my BIOS? : gigabyte, ga-p43-as3g

Did you update to the lastest BIOS?

If not please try that now, and be sure in Qflash you Disable Keep DMI Data (Need to use pgup/pgdn keys to change, default is enabled)

Then once flash is done reboot to BIOS and load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot F10. Then come back to the BIOS if you can, which you should be able to.

Let us know how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Did you update to the lastest BIOS?

If not please try that now, and be sure in Qflash you Disable Keep DMI Data (Need to use pgup/pgdn keys to change, default is enabled).
      How can I update my BIOS if I can't access Qflash?! I tried twice to clear my bios, but nothing happened. The screen is still black and no BIOS related keys can be implemented.

Then once flash is done reboot to BIOS and load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot F10. Then come back to the BIOS if you can, which you should be able to.
      Is there any way updating my BIOS from within Win7? Command prompt through Win7? That's currently my only operating segment.
      Let us know how that goes.
      My present response is the current report.
      Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G intel P43
      Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz
      Samsung 1TB 32 MB 7200RPM
      Seasonic SS-500ET Active PFC
      Transcend 2GB DDR2 800
      Samsung DVD-RW SH-S223F x22
      Gainward 9500GT 512MB GDDR2

Comment

You can flash From DOS I would assume. Boot to DOS from Floppy, CD, or USB then flash with FlashSPI.

If you cannot boot to DOS, you can flash with @BIOS, but I do not recommend doing that. I recommend flashing from DOS for this instance, if you need help getting DOS to load let me know.

In the meantime you can create a FAT32 USB stick that is bootable from this guide, then use F12 Boot menu and choose HDD+ then pick your USB on the next screen, boot to it and flash.

Comment

You can flash From DOS I would assume. Boot to DOS from Floppy, CD, or USB then flash with FlashSPI.
          Well, as I said, I can't boot from any media other that my HD. All other option require steps to be acted when the screen is inactive (black).

If you cannot boot to DOS, you can flash with @BIOS, but I do not recommend doing that. I recommend flashing from DOS for this instance, if you need help getting DOS to load let me know.
          1. What's wrong with the @BIOS option? I keep seeing warnings, but I don't know why?
          2. If you can instruct me how to boot from DOS without making the needed changes either inside my BIOS or during POST phase, please do it.

In the meantime you can create a FAT32 USB stick that is bootable from this guide, then use F12 Boot menu and choose HDD+ then pick your USB on the next screen, boot to it and flash.
          http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
          My USB stick is ready, but waiting for a feasible situation.
          Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

Well since you have a bootable USB you can try to blindly guess where the HDD+ is to boot to it. That would require you trying a few times, once you are sure hitting F12 at bootup is working and taking you to the Boot menu screen. Try it out, and if it sits at a black screen longer than normal, and you would expect windows to load normally but it has not already, you will know you are at the boot order screen. Next steps there would be trying the down arrows until you find the HDD+ screen, and then the down arrow once on it and once just use enter.

If that does not work or sounds like way to much of a hassle you could try removing your hard drives and CD/DVD drives, leaving only the USB Connected and see if it then will boot to DOS from it.

Otherwise your only option without a floppy is @BIOS, unless you know how to boot from CD/DVD with your system acting the way it is now.

@BIOS just has a really high risk of bricking your board is all. If you do decide to use it be sure you download the latest version, be absolutely sure you are stable, and close all other running programs and taskbar items/processes you can and then flash using a file you download manually. I mean don't tell it to update from the web, use the manual file flash by browsing to the file you have downloaded already.

Comment

What do you mean by "high risk of bricking your board"?
              Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

@BIOS just has a really high risk of bricking your board is all. If you do decide to use it be sure you download the latest version, be absolutely sure you are stable, and close all other running programs and taskbar items/processes you can and then flash using a file you download manually. I mean don't tell it to update from the web, use the manual file flash by browsing to the file you have downloaded already.
                What do you mean by "bricking"
                Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

One more question: what's @BIOS?
                  I tried to check on the net' and found no explanation/
                  Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

@BIOS is BIOS update utility that work under Windows.

Comment

I thought so.
                      Where do I get it from?
                      Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

GA-P43-ES3G (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

Comment

Thanks, Chike.
                          Do you believe I should go on it?
                          It's all set. All I need is the decision.
                          (By the way, I'm quite sceptical that the upgrade will solve my POST problem. Last time, when this black issue started, the technician manage to use a interval of working bios phase to update my bios to f11. This failed to prevent the problem from reappearing)
                          Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

I used @BIOS first time I updated BIOS.
                            Remember to clear DMI data (or don't keep it whatever is the option) and load optimized default immediately after.
                            Likewise, I believe the problem is with the video card or board or compatibility between the two.

Comment

Bricking your board means Killing it. If the BIOS flash goes wrong and you can't recover your board will be a "Brick" (As in useless as a brick)

Comment

I've update my bios to f12 using @bios. The update ended successfully, but my POST problem wasn't solve. I still have no way accessing CMOS and current situation seems even worse, since my updated bios isn't in an optimized format.

Chike believes the problem may stem from an incompatibility between my mb and my graphic card NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT.

Is there any way checking this option? (Other than replacing the card).
                                Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

Working...
                                X