i7 930 / UD7 Overclocking advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: i7 930 / UD7 Overclocking advice

Ive tried both (switch and button in windows) both do the same. Completly turns off and then after 3-4 seconds turns back on and boots up :S

Just turned it off and held down button. Turned power supply off, left it 5mins and tried again with no luck.

Havent tried re-flashing the BIOS yet, all this happened from today. Last night at 3am when i went to bed i had 3 updates from Windows and i get the feeling its all gone wrong since as i cant see what else would cause the problem. BTW im not getting overclock failure screens etc etc, Just cant switch the damn thing off :S

Comment

look in program list for the updates dated 15/4/10 and un-install them see if it fixes it
      Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
      Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
      Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
      Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
      Dual Boot
      1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
      1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
      Ati x1950 pro gpu
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      1050w psu
      Nzxt lexa case
      http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Tried that with no luck sadly :(

I get the feeling when i first booted this morning and it said post error it had 4 options but as i didnt see the screen in time it chose one on its own... Though not sure how to get back to that screen to see what other options there were.
        Last edited by SB420; 04-15-2010, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Man this is one hell of a crap motherboard.
          i have the same one...

blck: 200
          and mem multiplier x10
          to run my dominator at 2000Mhz ... THE MOBO DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT SETTING is.

Shame on Gigabyte for advertising on this motherboard 2100+Mhz memory.
          How much more volt should i put on it to boot ?
          C1 Error crash C1 crash.

Even when i try blk 182Mhz it crashes with Linx after 1 min ....

Come on crappy GB ...

eVGa classified, rampage 2-3 extreme are the mobos to go.

Comment

Sorry to say this but ppl here talking 1.25vcore for the 930 dont know what they talking about.

If you wanna run it try 1.36 vcore
            1.88 cpu pll
            1.395 qpi pll

Comment

Your telling people they dont know what theyre talking about when maybe you should go do some research first as alot of 930 users inc myself are not using that much vcore to get 4.0ghz - I didnt even need that for 4.2ghz if you read back a few pages.

Comment

Originally posted by SB420 View Post
                Your telling people they dont know what theyre talking about when maybe you should go do some research first as alot of 930 users inc myself are not using that much vcore to get 4.0ghz - I didnt even need that for 4.2ghz if you read back a few pages.
                Well explain me why i cant then with the same mobo,cpu and dominator memory and f6 bios ?
                thanks ....

Comment

As you havent listed your BIOS details how do you expect to be helped? Start a new topic, with all your BIOS settings from LSD's template (look in his sig on page 1 of this thread) and ill be happy to advise as im sure others will too :)

In the meantime getting back on track, im just about to flash to the latest BIOS to see if my new found problem goes away or not *fingers crossed*

Comment

Originally posted by SB420 View Post
                    As you havent listed your BIOS details how do you expect to be helped? Start a new topic, with all your BIOS settings from LSD's template (look in his sig on page 1 of this thread) and ill be happy to advise as im sure others will too :)

In the meantime getting back on track, im just about to flash to the latest BIOS to see if my new found problem goes away or not *fingers crossed*
                    Ok fine,
                    Can you quickly tell me how you copy/paste all bios settings,
                    and ill do so in a while.

Comment

every board/ram/cpu is different some need alot of vcore other dont,to run your ram at 2000mhz try with more qpi voltage....sb240 if you say it reset your time/date then its a bios reset,i would reflash and load optimized defualts then re-enter oveclock settings,clear dmi pool data when you flash also
                      Last edited by warren300; 04-15-2010, 09:46 AM.
                      Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
                      Dual Boot
                      Ati x1950 pro gpu
                      1050w psu
                      Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Ok ive just done all that, updated to latest BIOS, and still the same prob :(

Grr this is annoying, Ive deleted the updates.... ive updated the BIOS.... but whenever i shut it off, it just comes back on now.... What the *&)

Comment

check these pages in bios,makesure no lan or usb's are waking pc...set it like in screenshot except for hpet-64bit and sata ect

Last edited by warren300; 04-15-2010, 10:10 AM.
                          Dual Boot
                          Ati x1950 pro gpu
                          1050w psu
                          Nzxt lexa case

Comment

mines the same bar a couple of options are greyed out but are disabled anyway rather than enabled. This is sooo weird

Comment

Advanced CPU Features:
                              CPU Clock Ratio ................................ [22x]
                              Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech .................. [Enabled]
                              CPU Cores Enabled ............................ [All]
                              CPU Multi Threading .......................... [Enabled]
                              CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ................... [Enabled]d
                              C3/C6/C7 State Support .................... [Enabled]
                              CPU Thermal Monitor ......................... [Enabled]
                              CPU EIST Function ............................ [Enabled]
                              Virtualization Technology ................... [Enabled]
                              Bi-Directional PROCHOT ..................... [Enabled]

Uncore & QPI Features:
                              QPI Link Speed .............................. [Auto]
                              Uncore Frequency .......................... [Auto]
                              Isonchronous Frequency ..................[Enabled]

Standard Clock Control:
                              Base Clock (BCLK) Control ................ [Enabled]
                              BCLK Frequency (MHz) .....................[181]
                              PCI Express Frequency (MHz) ........... [Auto]
                              C.I.A.2 [Disabled]
                              Advanced Clock Control:
                              CPU Clock Drive ..............................[800mV]
                              PCI Express Clock Drive ................... [900mV]
                              CPU Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]
                              IOH Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]

Advanced DRAM Features:
                              Performance Enhance ...................... [Standard]
                              Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) ......... [Disabled]
                              System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ........ [.10]
                              DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) .......... [Expert]
                              Channel A + B + C
                              Channel A Timing Settings:
                              ##Channel A Standard Timing Control## set to your rams spec ie
                              CAS Latency Time ......................8
                              tRCD .......................................8
                              tRP .........................................8
                              tRAS .......................................24

##Channel A Advanced Timing Control##
                              tRC ........................................
                              tRRD .......................................
                              tWTR ......................................
                              tWR .............
                              tWTP .......................................
                              tWL ........................................
                              tRFC .......................................
                              tRTP .......................................
                              tFAW ......................................
                              Command Rate (CMD) ................Auto
                              ##Channel A Misc Timing Control##
                              Round Trip Latency ...................

Advanced Voltage Control:
                              CPU
                              Load Line Calibration ................. [Disabled]
                              CPU Vcore ...............................[Auto] Mobo sets it to 1.36
                              QPI/VTT Voltage 1.150v ............1.395
                              CPU PLL 1.800v .......................1.88
                              MCH/ICH
                              PCIE 1.500v ...........................auto
                              QPI PLL 1.100v .......................auto
                              IOH Core 1.100v .....................auto
                              ICH I/O 1.500v .......................auto
                              ICH Core 1.1v ........................auto
                              DRAM
                              DRAM Voltage 1.64V
                              DRAM Termination 0.750v [AUTO]
                              Ch-A Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                              Ch-B Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                              Ch-C Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                              Ch-A Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                              Ch-B Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                              Ch-C Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]

There u go guys.
                              If anyone can show me light at the end of this tunnel to get past 180qpi and 1900Mhz memory :D

Comment

Event ID is now showing me some errors..

The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section.

Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

They are EVENT ID 3011/3012

and lastly EVENT ID 1001

Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x00259C90C125. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Comment

Working...
                                X