Weird GA-EP43-UD3L Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weird GA-EP43-UD3L Issues

For the questions that you are asking me that I have a wide choice also depending your pockets. like 250.00 so far. Unless there it is something better that it is worth get it just for few bucks more. 280-290.00. Now, brands! I don't know. So far I had EVGA and BFG and so far my BFG had less numbers than my EVGA and feels stronger. Both were 8800 512MB.

And thanks for the complement. I won over a month a cooling kit and am still waiting on it. It is coming from England. But then the volcano made it worst. No I have to wait longer. That sucks

Comment

Ahh well sounds like you like Nvidia, hopefully some of our Nvidia users will give you some suggestions to help you along then!

Sorry, I only know ATI based cards myself, so I can't really be of much help on which Nvidia cards are best in that price range.

Maybe you could make a thread in this section that way more people would see you are looking for advice on a graphics card to purchase:

Cool, what kinda cooling kit did you win? And how did you win it, was it a case modding contest or something else?

Sucks you have to wait so long!! Should be coming soon now though right since the Volcano stuff has cleared up?

Comment

I got these cards for free. So I don't have no preference. But I would like card to be almost trouble free.

Comment

Well I suggest ATI cards of course, Sapphire 4890 is a great choice for the 48xx series, review in my signature if you are interested.

5770 for midrange 5xxx series, average price is $150-180, or 5870 if you want to spend a bit more $380-480, or 5850 is a nice middle of the road in the 58xx series for $100-320.

I actually just recieved a Gigabyte 5870 SOC (GV-R587SO-1GD) which I will be reviewing soon, it seems like a great card and I have been a Sapphire only fan for the longest time.

Of course those cost a bit more, $499, but you said price isn't too much of a worry for you. If you dont want to speed $300+ you may want to look at 5770's, maybe even 5830's as they are $220-250

As for Nvidia, you will have to ask or wait for others to help with that because I don't have a clue which models are better.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
            Well I suggest ATI cards of course, Sapphire 4890 is a great choice for the 48xx series, review in my signature if you are interested.

5770 for midrange 5xxx series, average price is $150-180.
            Wild looking rig. I went through 6 BFG 8800's before I went back to ATI. I was experiencing hangs on an hourly basis. I even ditched my Nforce chipset. My XFX 5770 has never locked up even once. I really put it through some grueling hours of gaming and am continually amazed at how stable it is.

Comment

go with an ati 5xxx series,fermi are power hungry and run very hot
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for giving me models to look up. Also my nephew recommended me 4890. At this moment he has two CrossFire mode

Comment

Running how hot? I don't want to be running to the Post Office back and forward sending RMAs, lol But I will reach on the model that you gave me

Comment

Originally posted by KakoNegro View Post
                    Running how hot? I don't want to be running to the Post Office back and forward sending RMAs, lol But I will reach on the model that you gave me
                    90-100c with the fans on autothe gtx480.The ati 5870's youll find wont go over 70c
                    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks, it took me a while to custome the case (I wasn't working). Thanks for the Tip. Am seeing that ATI it is kicking but now.

Comment

Well I don't know if you looked closley at the specs or the actual memory vendor list but this MoBo does not take DDR3, it takes DDR2. I know this because I have the same board. Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mtxmiller View Post
                          About 6 months ago I purchased and built a new machine parts included:

Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066
                          BFG Tech BFGEGTX260896OCE GeForce GTX 260
                          Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz
                          Antec Basiq BP500U 500W PSU
                          and Gigabye GA-EP43-UD3L

The system has been great for the past few months then all of a sudden last week I woke up to the machine continually restarting. Now when I turn it on, it will post and sometimes start up windows. After less than 5 minutes it will automatically restart and continually restart without posting. (the fans will stop, the "phase leds" will turn off, then everything turns back on and the process repeats)

I have played with removing the memory and re inserting it. I have dusted and cleaned the system. I have also reset the BIOS and removed the CPU and videocard just to see if reinserting hardware would fix it.

It will sometimes post and let me get into the BIOS for a few seconds if I let it sit for approx. 30 mins.

I am pretty sure there must be something wrong with the motherboard, but I wanted to see what you guys though before I tried to RMA it.
                          Well I don't know if you looked closley at the specs or the actual memory vendor list but this MoBo does not take DDR3, it takes DDR2. I know this because I have the same board. Hope it helps
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by ColdG1n; 07-21-2010, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X