Weird GA-EP43-UD3L Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weird GA-EP43-UD3L Issues

Am having the same problem. It shuts off and reboots. Sometimes when it reboots everything does except the heatsink. I have to manually shut off and turn it on to get it going.

My specs:
    MB: GA-EP43-UDEL
    CPU: Q6700
    DDR2: 4GB Super Talent
    GPU: 512MB 8800GTS
    PSU: OCZ 700W
    Heatsink: Asus Square EVO

It was working like a champ the last 2 1/2 months until last week. I updated the Bios F8, reset the CMOS, Formatted the HD, and still happening. I even open the heatsink to get the dusk off and nada mi amigo. It can happens when am playing, surfing and even just doing nada. Am behind a UPS and the monitor stays on when happens.

I don't want to go buy a heatsink because I just won on ebay a liquid cooling system.

Comment

@KakoNegro

Load optimized defaults, reboot, apply any changes you made in MIT and others, and run 6+ passes of memtest86+, If you are getting errors try with one stick at a time, each in it's target slot. If one fail swap it with the other to make sure if it is the memory or the slot.

You can download memtest86+ from http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...30/#post284762

Comment

I did what you told me with the memory and did happen after an hour. But today I played and monitored the temp. it was 40/40C and for the MB and the CPU 34/40C. So probably it is a temp issue. But also shuts off/on when it is just on. "Just looking at the desktop" or browsing the web. And it still happens. Last night as I was reading your advice it turn off and rebooted.

Comment

Anything in system logs?

Comment

Nope, No errors messages.

But one thing I did this afternoon. grabbed 2 120mm fans and fan controller. So far the temp when up average 38-40C out of 40C. Where Gigabyte bracket it is set. But so far it hasn't turned off. Plus I haven't run the programs that u requested yet. Will do it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by mtxmiller View Post
              The BIOS and pre windows operation would never stress that PSU enough to cause it to turn off and on.
              If it is really bad it will. I've had it happen to me before. As soon as it was replaced everything worked fine again.

Comment

I haven't run test on it. But today when I came after work I left it on (4:30) and now is (7:17) I when out to eat and left the monitor on without screen savers. Just Firefox open on a site that had flash animation on it. And am been surfing for the last 30 minutes. And no problems. Tomorrow I will play to see. Am starting to believe that it is heat related, plus I moved the ram chips around like I was suggested

Comment

Where you have the ram at now? Have you ran memtest86+?

Your temperatures where ok, I have the system at 40c+at summer time and have no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                    Where you have the ram at now? Have you ran memtest86+?

Your temperatures where ok, I have the system at 40c+at summer time and have no problems.

I ran the Memtest and it pass it with no errors. After I have added 2 more fans It only does it once a day. Specially after it has 2-3 hours of running, it can be loaded or just surfing. But only does it once per day. Now I added 2 more so it is a total of 7 case fans. And CPU and MB temp shows the same. 34 for MB and 32 for the CPU. And before w/o the 4 fans was the same or -2 or +2 C. I'm buying another board as a back up and am sending this one for a RMA. Customer service at Gigbyte told me that I have warranty for 3 years from the date it was manufactured (That SUCKS). It should be from date of purchase. But hey.....

Comment

It seems to be a popular board so might not be too old, which board do you plan buy for a backup?

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                        It seems to be a popular board so might not be too old, which board do you plan buy for a backup?

My nephew has a board that his not using. Asus P6T. But I also have a board too, a Biostar. I had it to RMA, I got the replacement back and planning of building a PC for my dad

Comment

Today I came from work. Surfed for less than hour. I installed Burnout Paradise and stated to play it. After letting me race two times. The hip-cups started. It even turned off while posting the bios. I got to jump into the bios setup and went to health and saw that the CPU and the MB were at 38C. So am believing that this MB has heat issues. I have in the bios to give me warnings when temp reach 60C. Or is it the MB has a temp to shut off?
                          Last edited by KakoNegro; 05-03-2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

38C is not hot at all really. It will just beep, not shut off.

Since you were gaming are you sure it is not the graphics card casing this? You can test by using Furmark stability test (Run at your normal gaming resolution), it will make the card get very hot very quickly, and it should not crash unless the card has issues.

You can get Furmark here

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                              38C is not hot at all really. It will just beep, not shut off.

Since you were gaming are you sure it is not the graphics card casing this? You can test by using Furmark stability test (Run at your normal gaming resolution), it will make the card get very hot very quickly, and it should not crash unless the card has issues.

You can get Furmark here
                              http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...y-tools-30530/
                              Like right now as I was writing to you it shut off/on twice. In total this evening 8 times. Reading in facebook, sending a text and and trying to write back to you. In since yesterday that I haven't played. Temp. MB 38, CPU 34, GPU 58-60 Celsius. And also ran CCleaner and no issues found.

Comment

Did you test the card with Furmark yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X