GA P55-UD3P and Random Beeps !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA P55-UD3P and Random Beeps !

I have not test it without the case speaker connected, but I'm sure the beep sound comes from inside the case because there is nothing at my desk except my system and I know my MB buzzer accent, another proof is when I disabled the overclocking and enhanced functions of Intel I did not hear beeps anymore.

Anyway I will send another issue again and inform you about the result. thanks for your attention.

Comment

I assume it is inside the case too, but wanted you to check without the speaker so we could tell if it is coming from the speaker itself or possibly something else. If you know it is coming from the speaker for sure, then no need to test I suppose.

Ahh, no beep when not overclocked eh? Hmm, can you give me your full settings that cause the beeps, template to do so is in my signature. I am not aware of any settings that could cause this, but maybe you are overlooking some setting that normally would be set differently by everyone. Best to check to be sure.

Comment

No custom overclocking, I just load the default setting of bios and when I enable (Intel turbo,C1E,C3/C6,EIST,C.I.A.2) then beeps come up while disabling them will cause to cancel the noise.

Comment

Hmm, so it is tied to speedstep then right?

Are you an overclocker? If so you would disable those anyway, if not then I understand why this bothers you.

Do you by chance have the Energy Saver programmed installed, or running? Just wondering if maybe this is doing it or not.

Comment

I have the same motherboard except that it is the P55A version which supports USB 3 and SATA 3. Anyway, I subscribed because I wanted to help with these silly beeping sounds because it was quite annoying for me too, really. It made me nervous all the time thinking something is wrong with my machine without me having any idea what that is.

I have the F5 bios and I think this beep issue has nothing to do with bios updates.

Anyway, I tried disabling the HDD S.M.A.R.T capability in the Bios and it has been a long time not hearing any beeps at all :D. Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for posting your tips!

Also for anyone running into this issue later, you can disable or remove DES and see if that helps as well.

Comment

I apologize for my post because I still have beeps but honestly they are fewer this time than before so I think I can handle that for a while till someone can give us conclusive answers on what that is and how to shut it up. I wish I upgrade my BIOS but this process is very intimidating for me and never thought about doing it before. I can't guarantee if the power don't go down while the BIOS is updating. I'm quite afraid of the fact of killing my new expensive machine.

P.S. If someone experienced a difference when disabling the SMART capability of their hard drives, please post and let us know if it really has any influence whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  Thanks for posting your tips!

Also for anyone running into this issue later, you can disable or remove DES and see if that helps as well.
                  Are you speaking about the securiyt chip?. It is disabled by default in the BIOS so it is out of the equation in my case.

Comment

^^ he means des(dynamic energy saver) smart capability only kicks in if your running in ahci mode in which you need to install drivers before you install operating system for xp,win7 has them built in but needs a reg tweak to enable them after operating system is installed,s.m.a.r.t shouldnt affect anything
                    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ya I meant Dynamic Energy Saver software

Go ahead and update your BIOS, it is easy and safe as long as you follow the flashing Guide you will be fine!

Comment

Working...
                      X