Clear All

• GA P55-UD3P and Random Beeps !

I purchased a system with this configuration :

CPU : i5 750
    MB : GA P55-UD3P
    RAM: Corsair TW3X4G1333C9 2x2GB
    VGA: Sapphire Vapor-X HD-4850 1GB
    PW : OCZ 600W

This system was not stable, It Freezed randomly during installing OS Finally I managed to install a win7 on it but after windows startup when PC was in idle state I heard a single beep sound from the MB buzzer, sometimes it Freezed right after the beep and it drived me crazy.

I upgraded the bios from F3 to F5 (no result)
    I changed the graphic card to Geforce 8400 (no result)
    I Changed the ram speed to 1066 (no result)
    I tried diffrerent slots of ram in single and dual configuration (no result)

After searching I figured out GIGA mainboards have some problems with Corsair Rams, then I changed the Ram module to :

OCZ 2x2GB (OCZ3G1333LV2G)

With OCZ ram It seems that the Freezing problem is gone, but occasionally I hear a signle beep sound while the PC is in idle state or when I'm typing, surfing the internet.... and It happens randomly.

Downclocking the ram to 1066 decreases the beep numbers but still there is beep. I upgraded the BIOS to F6C but it makes more beeps!!

Any Idea about this symptom?

Re: GA P55-UD3P and Random Beeps !

what is your bios settings? try to disable C1E, C3/C6 , also try to adjust memory, QPI voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by yshuwen521 View Post
      what is your bios settings? try to disable C1E, C3/C6 , also try to adjust memory, QPI voltage.
      I disabled Intel turbo,C1E,C3/C6,EIST,C.I.A.2 and also tried various combinations of those with no luck.

Memory Voltage tested from 1.5-1.66 (no result)
      QPI Voltage tested from 1.1-1.21 (no result)

Is it safe to set more than 1.21 for QPI voltage?

Today I set the BCLK to 150Mhz No Beeps for about 2 hours! I will update you if beeps are disapeared.

Comment

HI.

I have same 9ga-p55-ud3r MB) and no problem. Daughter has same pc except p55-ud3 and ati video card hd5770 ans is getting a random beep/ Sounmds like this problem. did you resolve it? apart from the random beep there is no function or freezing problem and no reported problems in windows. Very strange.

My next thought was to update the bios to the latest for her gtom f5 to f7 but as she lives inthe next town its best to leave that till she travels home again.

thanks for any ideas.

Minsik

Comment

do you have the quickboot option on that mb?? sometimes disabling it stops the beep,also disabling floppy drives helps to install win7 without crashes/lockups and yeah its best to update to the latest bios even better the latest beta bos's on main page have all the latest fixes.remember to flash using q-flash
          Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
          Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
          Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
          Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
          Dual Boot
          1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
          1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
          Ati x1950 pro gpu
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          1050w psu
          Nzxt lexa case
          http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

I managed to cancel the beeps by upgrading to bios vF6. gigabyte added "Enhanced memory compatibility" in this version and i think it cure the bug.

but still you must disable Intel turbo,C1E,C3/C6,EIST,C.I.A.2 otherwise you will have beeps even with F6 installed in your mb. It is about 3 months that I use/test F6 without any freeze or error and it seems that it is pretty stable.

Comment

heres the latest beta bios (f7)for that board im assuming its the p55-ud3p and not the newer A model?

it might let you enable turbo/c1e ect
              Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
              Dual Boot
              Ati x1950 pro gpu
              1050w psu
              Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Originally posted by warren300 View Post
                heres the latest beta bios (f7)

I see at gigabyte website that F7 has been released too. so which one is the latest one ?

GA-P55-UD3P (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

Comment

there probably the same,but try one from gigabytes website
                  Dual Boot
                  Ati x1950 pro gpu
                  1050w psu
                  Nzxt lexa case

Comment

anyluck with that bios??
                    Dual Boot
                    Ati x1950 pro gpu
                    1050w psu
                    Nzxt lexa case

Comment

All good here now?

Comment

Originally posted by warren300 View Post
                        anyluck with that bios??
                        I updated my bios to F7 today (giga version), but I still hear the beeps.

Comment

Odd, send in a issue report and see what they have to say about this, they may not be aware of the problem.
                          GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Let us know what they tell you. I am not trying to pass your off either, just want to be sure they are made aware of the issues.

Comment

I sent in an issue about 3 month ago on : 1/24/2010 17:53

Answer from gigabyte support :

Dear X X,

Thank you for your kind mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, we would suggest you use default setting in BIOS instead of overclocking at this moment.

But, If the problem still occurs in a simple environment, a further testing or examination to your system might be required. We suggest you to contact your supplier or nearest distributor and see if they help you to test your system directly.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
                            GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
                            I think it is an auto responder.

Comment

Yes, please try again and see what they say. Do not mention overclocking, link to this thread, and ask them if they can forward the issue to the BIOS engineers for testing.

Hey, have you tested without your case speaker connected? Just wondering if you have or not, if not please do in case it is not coming from the case speaker.

If it's possible for you to do, upload a wav or mpeg file of the sound so we can hear it please.

Comment

Working...
                              X