X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acebmxer
    replied
    Re: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Driver Update

All latest drivers and utilitites can be found in the sticky at the top of this forum. here is the link. You will also find the latest gigabyte utilities there also.

Its a one stop shop for your motherboard drivers. Video card drivers i would go to http://www.guru3d.com

There is also another sticky that has the latest stable and beta bios for most intel gigabyte motherboard.

Leave a comment:

• pbcopter
    replied

R2.41. is the latest driver fro Realtek.

Leave a comment:

• thepope
    replied

Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I ran the installer from the unzipped intel chipset device software I downloaded. Didn't seem to mess anything up, but thanks for the excellent instructions, I'll know better next time.

Leave a comment:

• Reggie
    replied

Regarding Intel Chipset Device Software:

There is no need to reinstall it unless you have a problem described in the "Release Notes". If you are doing a fresh install, I would use the latest version from Intel. You can also go back and read the release notes from prior versions.

Release Notes for Version 9.1.1.1025 Date: 12/22/2009
    New Features
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

<TABLE style="mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in; mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184" id=table3 class=MsoNormalTable border=1 cellPadding=0 height=22 0pt;><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 0.75pt; mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 845.25pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND: #6699cc 0% 50%; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=1127 colSpan=2>Features Added in PV 9.1.1.1025<o:p></o:p>
    </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 0.75pt; mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 60.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=81>
    ID

</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 783pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=1044>Description
    </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 0.75pt; mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 60.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=81>

</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 783pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=1044>Implemented workaround for a Bluetooth pairing issue<o:p></o:p>
    </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 0.75pt; mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 60.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=81>

</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 783pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=1044>
    </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 0.75pt; mso-yfti-irow: 4; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 60.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=81>

</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 783pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=1044>Installer modified to properly handle the Windows Hardware Error Device* for Windows Server 2008<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>Issues Resolved
    <o:p></o:p>
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 535.5pt; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in; mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184" id=table8 class=MsoNormalTable border=1 cellPadding=0 width=714><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 532.5pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND: #6699cc; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=710 colSpan=3>Issues Resolved in PV 9.1.1.1025
    </TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-row-margin-right: 1.0pt"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; WIDTH: 41.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" width=55>
    ID

</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; WIDTH: 487.3pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" width=650>Description

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-cell-special: placeholder" width=1>
    </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 0.75pt; mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 41.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=55>

</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 487.3pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=650>Fixed issue where installer was giving a misleading error message and exit/result code when update is not needed<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0in"><o:p></o:p>
    </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 0.75pt; mso-yfti-irow: 3; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 41.2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=55>

</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 487.3pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=650>Fixed issue where installer would overwrite the whed_dev.inf for the Windows Hardware Error Device* and cause the test to fail<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; HEIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0in"><o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It will not install from setup if it is already installed.

INSTALLING THE WINDOWS VISTA INF FILES AFTER * OS INSTALLATION ************************************************** **********

Some Intel(R) chipset platforms already are supported by Windows Vista so it may not be necessary to use the INF files provided by this software to update Windows Vista. The following steps describe the installation process of the Windows* Vista INF files. You may need to repeat these steps to update all Intel(R) chipset devices not supported by Windows Vista.
    1. Copy the contents of the <INF Directory Extract>\XXXX\All directory to the root directory of the floppy disk (A:\). NOTE: XXXX is the directory name for the chipset of interest.
    2. Close all programs currently running on the system.
    3. Click on Start.
    4. Select Settings.
    5. Select the Control Panel.
    6. Double-click on the System icon.
    7. Click on the Hardware tab.
    8. Click on the Device Manager button.
    9. Select "Devices by connection" under the View menu.
    10. Click on MPS Uniprocessor PC -OR- MPS Multiprocessor PC. NOTE: Only one of the above items will be displayed for a given system.
    11. Click on PCI bus.
    12. Right-click on the line containing the description PCI standard host CPU bridge -or- PCI standard ISA bridge -or- PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge -or- PCI System Management Bus -or- Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller -or- Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller (This line will be selected.)
    13. Select Properties from the pull-down menu.
    14. Click on the Driver tab.
    15. Click on the Update Driver button.
    16. Windows Vista will launch the Upgrade Device Driver Wizard. Select Browse my computer for the driver software.
    17. Enter "A:\" in the Combo Box
    18. Ensure that the Include Subfolders checkbox is checked
    19. Select Next
    20. The window Will Display the Device that was installed
    21. Select Close
    22. Reboot the system if prompted to do so.

Leave a comment:

• thepope
    replied

The device manager is now showing Q9550. I'll wait for the official ATI 10.1.

I'm now up to date on most of my devices, some I left like the HD, can't see any reason to update this. Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 7200RPM 32MB Dual Proc 3.5IN SATA Hard Drive OEM

Thanks for everyone help.

Leave a comment:

• Acebmxer
    replied

as for your q8300 still showing up and not your q9550.. You have to uninstall them from the device manager reboot and it should now detected your q9550.

As a rule of thumb you should always up date your drivers the latest and greatest version as there will be many fixes and enhancements done to them to help the system run better.

ATI hotfix yes you should install that, but you might want to wait untill the official 10.1 drivers come out.

Leave a comment:

• profJim
    replied

2.40 appears to be the latest audio driver.
    My mistake about 2.26....I did a quick internet search and version 2.26 was the first listing for guru3d .

I wasn't able to find the Realtek Lan drivers at guru3d.com.

Leave a comment:

• thepope
    replied

Originally posted by profJim View Post
    Wise decision.
    Did you find the Realtek Lan Driver at guru3d.com?
    They have quite a few drivers on their site, including older versions.
    I hope I downloaded the right one, I just used the link you provided.

guru3d.com (v2.26).

I went back to guru3d, and it looks like this is the latest, Realtek HD Audio 2.40 Driver
    Last edited by thepope; 01-24-2010, 10:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• profJim
    replied

Wise decision.
    Did you find the Realtek Lan Driver at guru3d.com?
    They have quite a few drivers on their site, including older versions.

Leave a comment:

• thepope
    replied
    TPM Hardware Based Security

I think I'll pass on the Infineon TPM download, looks like an extra security measure I wouldn't use.

-- GIGABYTE --Geeks Column of the Week - GIGABYTE's Ultra TPM Explained

Leave a comment:

• profJim
    replied

Someone else will have to help you out with the hotfix info.
    I'm still running with a 7600GT video card :)

Leave a comment:

• thepope
    replied

profjim, how about the ati hotfix posted at guru3d, is this an important update to install.

ATI Catalyst 9.12 hotfix Win 7 | Vista (32|64-bit)

Leave a comment:

• thepope
    replied

Not sure how or why your OS is living in the past.
    I'm not sure why its not updating either, theres an option to update new devices, but when I click it, it still shows Q8300.

Its funny because I almost had a heart attack when I saw Q8300, because I thought I sold the wrong CPU on ebay.

Leave a comment:

• profJim
    replied

At one time someone posted that you'll have better luck using Internet Explorer at the Realtek website.

I usually download the latest & greatest Realtek HD Audio from guru3d.com (v2.26).
    ** edit ** version 2.40 is the most recent version at guru3d (24 Jan 2010)

Not sure how or why your OS is living in the past.
    Last edited by profJim; 01-24-2010, 10:51 AM. Reason: correction

Leave a comment:

• thepope
    replied

FYI, the latest Intel Inf install v:9.1.1.1025 is available.

You should only update and install drivers that you are using.
    If you're not running a raid setup and you don't have AHCI enabled in your bios, there's no reason to apply the SATA Raid driver.

Installed the above update for Vista 64, but the device manager is still reporting my old Q8300, not my new Q9550.

I'm also finding the Realtek website difficult to find the Audio & LAN update for my EP45-UD3P motherboard.
    Last edited by thepope; 01-24-2010, 07:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X