Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte ga-ma770t-ud3p stability issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte ga-ma770t-ud3p stability issues.

I have been having odd issues with my new board. I will post what I have been talking with Gskill my ram manufacturer about in regards to this. Most other posts regarding this MB have Phenom processors. Im wondering if we are having our issues due to processor not handling the board correctly... I am about ready to RMA, but I just dont know what to RMA at this point. Im kinda steering towards board or processor... It is very weird. I got it to run prime95 stable for about 6 hours yesterday. Below settings with ram in slots 2 and 4. I then tried to test in slots 1 and 3 and it failed. I didnt care too much and put it back in 2 and 4, and it is no longer stable.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    (ME)<o:p></o:p>
    G.SKILL<o:p></o:p>
    > 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel <o:p></o:p>

> Athlon II X2 240<o:p></o:p>
    > REGOR 2.8 ghz am3 65 dual core<o:p></o:p>
    >Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P
    > Radeon 4850<o:p></o:p>
    > Do you have any<o:p></o:p>
    > recommendations? It is at this point only stable with one chip of ram <o:p></o:p>
    > in. With two I am getting freezes at random times.<o:p></o:p>
    > Its running windows 7 and I am a little stumped on my next move. Thank <o:p></o:p>
    > you very much for your time.<o:p></o:p>
    > <o:p></o:p>
    > Thanks. <o:p></o:p>
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________<o:p></o:p>
    Dear Customer<o:p></o:p>
    Did you manually configure memory settings in BIOS? Memory Frequency DDR3-1600, Memory timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2 , memory voltage 1.90V. <o:p></o:p>
    Once that is complete, everything should run fine. If not, the CPU may not be able to handle DDR3-1600; in that case you can simply operate the memory at DDR3-1333 with 8-8-8-24 timings and it will run at optimum performance.<o:p></o:p>
    Thank you<o:p></o:p>
    GSKILL SUPPORT<o:p></o:p>
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________<o:p></o:p>
    (ME)<o:p></o:p>
    With your recommended settings my computer is still not stable. It works fine with one stick of ram but when I use two it is a no go. I have everything set on auto except timing which is setup as 9-9-9-24. I have brought the clock speed of the ram as low as 1066 with the settings mentioned below. Each individual stick has run prime95 for more than 6 hours very stable. I have tried slots 1&2,2&3,1&4,1&3, and 2&4. Any additional help would be very much appreciated. I am very stumped on this issue and I am almost at the point of RMA. I have updated my bios to f5 which is most current non beta build. What are some good next steps that can be taken for this issue?<o:p></o:p>

Re: Gigabyte ga-ma770t-ud3p stability issues.

Yes a few things comes to mind.
    1. The REGOR 2.8 ghz am3 65 dual core has a 144 bit memory controller at 533 Mhz (DDR 1066) The fastest supported memory is DDR2-1066 and DDR3-1066 Check the final line out here.
    AMD Athlon II X2 240 - ADX240OCK23GQ (ADX240OCGQBOX)
    2. Remove the cpu heatsink and fan and cpu. Clean old cpu paste or compound install fresh. Doublecheck the cpu for bent pins and pin contacts in cpu socket.
    3. Try the memory in slots 3&4. Install in the white slots. This has been a issue fix on some of these boards.
    4 "SORRY" F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ This memory is not supported for a Gigabyte ga-ma770t-ud3p It may work downgraded though. GSKILL motherboard list for that memory. Click link scroll down.---> G.SKILL-Products
    Here is a list of the Gskill memory supported by that motherboard ----> http://www.gskill.com/configurator2.php?pid=2&model=944
    Last edited by artdrivers; 01-03-2010, 03:56 PM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

This board works perfectly fine for me (no oc) - just make sure, as said above, you get the right ram sticks (brand) for the board matching the cpu. Watch temperatures and get sufficient air through the case. Make sure the psu is good enough.

that's it
      X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
      AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
      Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 - 16GB Kit
      GV-RX570AORUS-4GD
      1x 970 SSD / 2x SSHD 1TB Seagate
      Win10x64

Comment

I just built a new rig for my wife using this same memory and board.(with F5 bios)...and no issues.... also running a 4670 graphics card for what it's worth....

I am using the x3 720 chip.. overclocked to 3.2 for now...

My memory settings are hard coded as they suggest to 9-9-9-24 and 2T..

the memory says it requires 1.5v .. but this board only goes down to 1.6v in bios. .and that's what I've been running it at..

Try dropping the voltage to 1.6v and see if that helps....

Mike...

Comment

I use a Phenom II X2 545 @ 3.6Ghz OC, memory modules are Kingston HyperX 2 GB 1333Mhz CL7, OC-ed at 1600Mhz CL7 @ 1.62V and works great. No stability problems. Maybe the memory modules don`t work well in dual channel, might have problems. If you can, try another dual channel kit and see if there are problems.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X