GA MA770 UD3 latest bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA MA770 UD3 latest bios

I'm thinking of updating my bios from FD (which I flashed to in august), to FF or the latest beta FGC.

GA-MA770-UD3 (rev. 2.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

When I plug my old thrustmaster force feedback racing wheel into a USB socket and turn the wheel a couple times or so, it freezes the screen for a few seconds and then it's ok again, but inevitably it leads to a BSOD, with error 'multiple irp complete requests (44)'.
    Changing the ati cat drivers doesn't seem to change it nor disabling the onboard realtek HD audio.

In the FF bios, it says 'Fix USB keyboard compatibility'. I don't have a USB keyboard, only a PS2 keyboard, but I'm wondering if this USB fix would stretch to other USB things, like fixing plugging my racing wheel in to stop the freeze ups and BSOD's , what do you think? The multiple irp complete request error is apparently to do with a driver somewhere in my system, but it's very hard to find which one. So I'm wondering if a bios update would fix it. Also, since trying to unlock my cpu a few months back unsuccessfully, I guess I don't need to have my ACC in Hybrid mode anymore. Could Hybrid be affecting stability and so should I change it back to 'normal'? I suspect not and tbh, I also suspect a bios update might make no difference, but I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. The only driver available for my racing wheel is a vista 64 driver but my OS is W7 x64. It makes the wheel work, but I'm not sure if it's intended to also work with W7, unless vista 64 drivers are automatically compatible with W7. So this is why I'm considering updating the bios.
    *Phenom II x2 550BE @3.1GHz*HIS 4870 1GB*WD RE3 1TB sata II*Coolermaster Dominator CM690*OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w*Patriot Viper 2x2GB DDR2 6400 @EPP 4-4-4-12*
    GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0*TRUE Rev C + AC MX-2*Thermalright HR-03-GT vga cooler
    *120m fans: Enermax UCEV12 Everest TWISTER blue LED/Xigmatek XLF-F1253 orange-white LED/
    4 x AC Ryan Blackfire 4 UV-LED blue, blue-green & blue-orange/Sharkoon 'golfball' silent eagle 2000

Re: GA MA770 UD3 latest bios

The keyboard compatibility fix has fixed the boot-up F12 issue not showing the boot menu. Not sure if other things have been fixed.

The wheel problem is likely a driver issue for the wheel - maybe get the latest and install it in W7. Vista driver usually work in W7.

Yes, Hybrid can affect stability especially when system is o'ced - try and see if it makes a difference.
    X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 - 16GB Kit
    GV-RX570AORUS-4GD
    1x 970 SSD / 2x SSHD 1TB Seagate
    Win10x64

Comment

Working...
    X