EP45-UD3R OS Restart problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-UD3R OS Restart problem

hello, I have GA EP45-UD3R motherboard runs with E7200..i don't know what happened to my computer it started like week ago...i can't restart the computer while on OS windows xp i left it overnight and it didn't restart. does anyone know what cause the problem?

p.s the shut down mode works fine.

sorry for bad English.

Re: EP45-UD3R OS Restart problem

Doesn't restart how? Is it stuck and if it is where is it stuck?

Comment

when i click Start menu > Restart and then windows log off "Window is shutting down...." it stuck right there on that page

http://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics...n/winxppro.png <<< just like this pic i left it overnight and i still see same page when i woke up.

Comment

Could be hardware problem but more likely operating system problem.
        Have you installed new software/hardware near the time this happened?

Comment

i think i installed netgear wireless -pci card...if it was hardware problem, what should i do?

Comment

By hardware problem I mean with the board itself, then the solution is RMA.

But this look more like software issue, maybe driver issue. Try to uninstall the wireless card driver and the card itself. If this fix it then maybe a newer/older driver or resolving conflict with another driver can possibly fix it.

Comment

System Restore is your Friend. Try rolling back to a data before the problem started, then re-install the Wireless Drivers. If the problem re-occurs then they are causing it.

If it is the drivers, then rather than using the CD that came with the Wireless card, see if Netgear have a newer driver on their website, being careful to download the correct version. Some brands of Wireless cards have the same main model number but a different revision, like for example DLink DWL-G510 Rev A and DWL-G510 Rev B, each needing different drivers.
              Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
              Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
              P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
              Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
              TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
              2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
              2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
              Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
              Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
              WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
              Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
              Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
              3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
              Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Working...
              X