problem copy dvd to dvd (x38-dq6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem copy dvd to dvd (x38-dq6)

i have a problem when i copy a dvd to an other dvd. i got buffer underrun issue. what ever settings i used i hadn't any result. i use the latest bios version i use clone cd , nero, alcohol. my os is windows 7 64 bit (tried win xp 32 - 64 bit).

my system:
    x38-dq6
    q6600 cpu
    gainword 8800 gtx
    6G kingstone Hyper X
    raptor 150 G
    lg dvd recorder

Re: problem copy dvd to dvd (x38-dq6)

If both are IDE burners make sure one is set as master and the other as slave or cable select on both.
    Try another IDE cable if you have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      If both are IDE burners make sure one is set as master and the other as slave or cable select on both.
      Try another IDE cable if you have one.

recorder is sata and reader in ide.

Comment

So the problem is with reading? If saving imahe to disk and burning it burns ok?
        Hard drive sata or IDE?
        Check the reader jumpers anyway. The end of the cable is master I think and the other is slave so maybe you need to change it.

Comment

Start by making sure (in Device Manager) that both drives have UDMA enabled. The minimum UDMA level for a DVD burner will Be mode 2. PIO mode will not give enough transfer speed.

On the fly copying can be unpredictable. You may need to choose a slower writing speed so that the reader isn't stressed and unable to provide the data needed. I know thta both are probably specced for ~16x, but if you're getting buffer under run then something isn't keeping up.

There should be options in the burning programs to set auxiliary buffer length. As well as the hardware buffer, the burning program will also use a portion of system RAM as an even larger buffer. Is the IDE drive a reader only? if so then it will by default have less physical HW buffer inside the drive. The usual buffer size for a reader is 512KB where a DVD burner will have 2MB.

If you still have problems after following these steps, you may want to consider creating an ISO of the disc to be copied to the HDD and burning it from there rather than on-the-fly copying. This is by far the better method and will result in better quality burns.
          Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
          Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
          P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
          Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
          TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
          2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
          2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
          Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
          Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
          WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
          Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
          Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
          3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
          Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Working...
          X