EasyTune 6 doesn't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EasyTune 6 doesn't open

Same problem with P55A UD5 gigabyte with a EAH5750 ...

Comment

You're lucky that the program is at least installing. Lots of people are getting the same error message I'm getting here - "DLL function call crashed: CheckFK.SearchBIOSStr" - when trying to install both the version of Easy Tune 6 which came with the motherboard and the latest version available from Gigabyte (build 9.1120.1), after a clean install of XP Pro SP3 on a GA-M720-US3 motherboard with a Phenom II X4 810 CPU and a GeForce GTX 260 c216 video card.

I tried contacting Gigabyte's support but that has become more and more useless over the years. They said it worked on their machine (oh, really?) and asked me to reinstall the OS (which I had just done). Then they blamed the problem on third party programs that might be installed on the system (there were none, just the latest drivers for every hardware component).

What is really a shame about this issue is that the error message is quite clear and should make it considerably easier for the programmers to find the error in their code, since the program obviously has issues which need to be looked into. After giving up on Gigabyte's support, I installed RivaTuner, MSI's Afterburner, eVGA's Precision, NVIDIA's own nTune and a few other overclocking utilities with no issues whatsoever.

Comment

New EasyTune 6 version posted today

Has anyone tried the new version of EasyTune6 posted on the Gigabyte site today?

I am wondering if it fixes the fails-to-start problem.

Comment

Re: New EasyTune 6 version posted today

Originally posted by ed1 View Post
          Has anyone tried the new version of EasyTune6 posted on the Gigabyte site today?

I am wondering if it fixes the fails-to-start problem.
          Thanks for informing about the new version.

I downloaded the new build 10.0105.1 and couldn't install it either - the installer crashes with the same error mesage as the previous versions - "DLL function call crashed: CheckFK.SearchBIOSStr".

This was my last motherboard ever from Gigabyte (I've been buying almost exclusively from them for the last 8 years). If they cannot fix their own utility not installing or starting, I wonder what disasters might be lurking in BIOS'es, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ed1 View Post
            I just went to the Windows features menu, turned on a couple of .net 3.5.1 subfeatures (http and non-http communications) and reinstalled ET6.

Same error message window opens: "Could not load the device driver." That's all it says.

I am wondering if the problem is in any way related to my system having Windows 7 64-bit on an SSD drive.
            I had that message, when i wanted to start it again. it was in autostart, but only as a tray icon visible, which windows 7 hid. So i didnt saw it.

Comment

Re: New EasyTune 6 version posted today

Originally posted by Ephebus View Post
              This was my last motherboard ever from Gigabyte (I've been buying almost exclusively from them for the last 8 years). If they cannot fix their own utility not installing or starting, I wonder what disasters might be lurking in BIOS'es, etc.
              Ephebus, I am on my third Gigabyte board. (I haven't ever used any other brand.) I agree it is frustrating that EasyTune has problems, but it is certainly not a critical program. As pointed out by others, there are quite a few freely available programs that duplicate its functions and work well.

While I am not an expert tech, I think Gigabyte boards are very well made and excellent performers. I would certainly not discard an entire brand of board just because of a problem with a non-critical utility program.

There are plenty of other monitoring programs and overclocking should be done at the bios level anyway.

Comment

Same issues here today after doing 3 clean installs of X86 and X64 Win 7, and downloading ET6 from Gigabyte or installing from disc. Made no difference at all, using EAH5870 ASUS card. Installed onto Intel SSD for OS barebones.

Comment

Downloaded latest version from link and made sure all items showed in taskbar. Despite error about driver, it does open from taskbar and run, did a quick check of all functions. Will OC thru BIOS though anyway, just wanted to see how it worked.

Comment

Same problem. Unable to load driver.
                    X58A-UD3R F4 bios / Win7 64 & HD5870.
                    ET6 B10.0130.1

Comment

I'm using win 7 64 bit and haven't experience any problem, well when I double click the ET6 it will won't load up as the usual application but you can see on the list of running in the background on the task bar the ET6 icon right click on that and then select show up... and main screen will show up

Comment

Yes mine does that, but even the smallest voltage increase causes it to crash the system.
                        If yours works properly, are you using an ATi graphics card?

Comment

im using easytune b09.1120.1 i updated to the latest one and everytime i adjusted a voltage setting it would hard lock(freeze) the pc in win7 and xp so i went back to b09.1120.1 and it doesnt lock up when i change voltages, i have an old ati x1950 pro and no problems with eastune detecting it,for all the ati 5000 series owners your just gonna have to wait for gigabyte to fix easytune so it detects your cards without crashing
                          Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
                          Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
                          Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
                          Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
                          Dual Boot
                          1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
                          1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
                          Ati x1950 pro gpu
                          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                          1050w psu
                          Nzxt lexa case
                          http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Originally posted by Eilandgast View Post
                            Same problem in Easy Tune: 'cannot load the device driver'.
                            System is new and clean: no other software installed except Windows 7 (64) and up-to-date hardware drivers.
                            Graphic: Club ATI 5850, driver Catalyst 9.12 (without hotfix), Windows 7 X64, Mobo: 790XTA-UD 4, AMD Phenom II X4 955
                            Same thing here as well.
                            It opens/runs, but hesitates on startup and generates the aforementioned error.
                            UD3P (FD) rev.1.6
                            Clean Win7 64bit Ultimate
                            HD 5770 Catalyst 9.12 (w/o hotfix)
                            OCZ Vertex Turbo

I only installed it because of requests for screenshots of the Voltage tab though....don't plan on ever using it. but thought I'd provide feedback anyway.

Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
                            ASUS Maximus Extreme Z
                            i7Core 2600k Sandy Bridge
                            Swiftech H20-X20 Edge HD
                            16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
                            (5) 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSDs
                            Evga GeForce GTX 580
                            Ultra X4 1600W PSU
                            Lite On BD Burner
                            ASUS CD/DVDRW
                            Creative XFi Titanium Fatal1ty Champ
                            Klipsch Pro Media 5.1
                            Ultra Aluminus Card Reader, eSATA, USB3.0
                            Drobo (4Bay) 6TB
                            Icy Dock (4Bay) 1.5TB
                            Logitech G19 Keyboard
                            Cyborg RAT-9 Mouse

Comment

same problem here, cannot load driver.
                              still waiting for the fix.

Comment

Originally posted by gubs View Post
                                same problem here, cannot load driver.
                                still waiting for the fix.
                                Me same problem. GA-870A-UD3 Rev. 3.1 , Win 7 64bit, graphics ATI radeon hd 6670

Comment

Working...
                                X