New i5/Gigabyte/ATi 5770 system crashes every time I play a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New i5/Gigabyte/ATi 5770 system crashes every time I play a game

I let the Benchmark run after that error. It went for maybe an hour an a half then black screened.
    Originally posted by warren300 View Post
    try and raise ich core voltage to 1.20000,its in bios somwhere but i cant remember what page
    In the bios the only mention of the above with the heading "MCH/ICH". The two options underneath are PCH Core and CPU PLL.
    Should I change PCH Core to 1.2?

Comment

look in easytune under tuner/voltage 2 ich core raise it to 1.2v and click set,when i play crysis i raise it to 1.2v first then load game,you can make a profile that easytune will load when it starts to save you keep setting it
      Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
      Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
      Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
      Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
      Dual Boot
      1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
      1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
      Ati x1950 pro gpu
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      1050w psu
      Nzxt lexa case
      http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

This easytune starts with the error "Could not load the device driver", but it does start. Is that an issue.
        For me its PCH Core. There is no ICH Core under voltage.
        Also there has just been a new Bios released for this Mobo. I've installed it and reset the values you specified before.

Comment

want them again? system performance enhance to standard,qpi voltage 1.250000 or 1.260000,ram voltage 1.66,ram timing quick,8-8-8-24,you might not need pch just a bit more qpi voltage
          Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
          Dual Boot
          Ati x1950 pro gpu
          1050w psu
          Nzxt lexa case

Comment

I increased the qpi voltage to 1.26.

No change. Same crash.
            Last edited by Gillespie; 02-09-2010, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Just got a reply from Ebuyer. Granted it was a crappy automated reply, but it seems as though the best I can expect from them is a direct replacement.

Im following it up further just to see for sure in the case that I need to get rid of this card.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                Just got a reply from Ebuyer. Granted it was a crappy automated reply, but it seems as though the best I can expect from them is a direct replacement.

Im following it up further just to see for sure in the case that I need to get rid of this card.
                if you can get a free replacement then go for it,just to eliminate a faulty card...try n take some pics of the lines on screen then you can attach them in an email describing the fault
                Dual Boot
                Ati x1950 pro gpu
                1050w psu
                Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Have same setup as you but ASUS P7P55D-E PRO board.

XFX sent me this yesterday:

We have received an update on this issue from our engineers that have been working on these issues with ATI. We are expecting a solution for the majority users that are experiencing this problem. We have been notified that the ETA with be within 2 weeks and we will let you know once that becomes available. Thanks

Comment

Is this related to the same problem though?
                    Honestly I have been waiting 3+ months now for a fix and I have the option to send the card back for another over the next few days. I'm not sure I can justify waiting around for something that should have been dealt with already on the off chance that this new update might fix it.

Comment

Working...
                    X