Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Please!!!

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Nice to see you got going on this, I was about to suggest removing the sound card during the install to be sure this was not part of the cause.
    Yeah me too the onboard sound is good enough to get you started error free.
    So which device do you think is causing the problems or is it a case short or cabling problem I am just curious
    Also BIOS settings posted here will help us further with any issues you have. Bad BIOS settings can cause problems and may have prevented you from installing OS Use the BIOS templates here http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...ettings-33613/ use the one that matches closest to your board and replace values with your values the post them back here Thanks
    Regards
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 11-25-2009, 09:18 AM. Reason: add infor
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

I really have no idea what was causing the errors. After I reinstalled the vertex drive in the system I made all the changes in the bios. After that I had the windows 7 installation lock up on me twice. I don't think its a bad case ground as the only component I removed was the vertex. All the cables are the same too. The only thing I can think of is I moved the memory to the slots farthest away from the cpu. Everything has been running good now though, I even had utorrent running overnight. It wouldn't run for more than 30 min on the last installation. Right now I'm a happy camper, thanks for your help.

Comment

Well whatever it was, nice to see it is not happening now!

Happy Turkey Day!

Comment

Hi,

I bought the same motherboard and installed it yesterday. I have installed a 965 BE on it. I am having the EXACT same issue as you. Except I have not gotten past the "expanding files part" How did you solve it?

Specs are as follows. All the following hardware is from a previous system (EXCEPT the motherboard and CPU of course), and all are working - only question is the RAM compatibility, but it has always passed memtest checks. I moved from an ASUS 790i SLI.

AMD Phemon II 965 BE
          GA MA790FXT-UD5P (bios ver F7)
          2X CM3X2048-1333C9DHX
          Thermaltake 1000W PSU
          Creative XFI Championship ED (on PCI-X slot)
          XFX Nvidia GTX 295

What I have tried:

Using only 1 stick of ram in different slots. Tried swapping sticks of ram (since I have 2). No dice

Set the voltage to 1.7 on the ram as specified on the ram stick

Tried increasing my NB VID voltage all the way up to 1.75 as I read this on this thread. This seemed to make a marginal difference in stability - but that just might be luck of the draw as the freezes are quite random. On the normal setting it would freeze at 0-1% when expanding installation files, and at 1.75V it froze at 15% (which was the last attempt).

Please help. I can RMA the board but it is a headache, and I want to be sure it is the motherboard and not the RAM (I do not have spare ram to test with).

Thanks
          AMD 965 BE @3.4 GHZ w/Coolermaster HYPER N620 CPU Cooler
          Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P rev.1.0 F7
          Powercolor 5870 1GB
          4GB G.Skill / F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT / 9-9-9-24 / 1333Mhz
          (1) WD Velociraptor / 300GB / in SATA AHCI
          (1) WD Raptor / 150GB / in SATA AHCI
          (1) Seagate / 500GB / in SATA AHCI
          (1) Optiarc 32XdualDVDRW in SATA
          Thermaltake 1000W
          Zalman Fatal1ty case
          2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan
          Monitor: DELL WFP 2408
          Xfi fatal1ty championship edition
          Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate

Comment

More info

I tried running memtest86+ 4.00, and it freezes immediately upon loading. Cannot even get to test the RAM. It is simply showing a blue screen and on the top left says "Memtest86+ v4.00", the + is flashing but no other response from the system.

Help!
            AMD 965 BE @3.4 GHZ w/Coolermaster HYPER N620 CPU Cooler
            Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P rev.1.0 F7
            Powercolor 5870 1GB
            4GB G.Skill / F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT / 9-9-9-24 / 1333Mhz
            (1) WD Velociraptor / 300GB / in SATA AHCI
            (1) WD Raptor / 150GB / in SATA AHCI
            (1) Seagate / 500GB / in SATA AHCI
            (1) Optiarc 32XdualDVDRW in SATA
            Thermaltake 1000W
            Zalman Fatal1ty case
            2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan