Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software to view BIOS settings from inside Windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software to view BIOS settings from inside Windows?

This might be a dumb and talked to death already but is there any software that can allow me to take a snapshot of my current BIOS settings?
    Mine's GA-EP45-UD3P (REV 1.0) Motherboard.

And I don't mean 'change settings' I mean just see a snapshot/quick look at the BIOS settings rather than booting? Booting off and on into windows is close to 3 minutes for me and while that's not exactly a long time I was just wondering if this was at all possible...?

please be gentle with me:)
    AND Thanks for reading this and helping me out.
    I prefer the old days when we have like 2 BIOS things to change.
    6.67%
    I like it today with 50 or so BIOS things to change.
    33.33%
    We have way too many BIOS options today.
    13.33%
    Hey Man!, I want more BIOS options, the more the better!
    46.67%

The poll is expired.

USA Government should required by federal law to issue $2,500 vouchers to every citizen towards the purchase of a new computer system every year. ALSO, vouchers can be sold/traded/bought and combined, and vouchers have no name on them for combining and selling vouchers.
    Can you imagine how many MILLION jobs this would create?

Re: Software to view BIOS settings from inside Windows?

No, there is nothing that will give you a complete BIOS settings list in Windows.

You can always print a BIOS template and fill out your current settings. It can then be amended when you change things.

Personally I wouldn't need to use such a utility. Whenever I need to know my BIOS settings it's probably bacause I'm going to change something, which means I'll be in the BIOS already.

I can also fill in my required/current settings either to a blank/default BIOS or forum template from memory.

not quite the same thing, but the closest thing is the "Virtual BIOS" that Gigabyte have on their site for each board. They show a picture of every BIOS screen and all settings. They're not editable though and do not interact with the users BIOS to show settings.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho101 View Post
      No, there is nothing that will give you a complete BIOS settings list in Windows.

You can always print a BIOS template and fill out your current settings. It can then be amended when you change things.

Personally I wouldn't need to use such a utility. Whenever I need to know my BIOS settings it's probably bacause I'm going to change something, which means I'll be in the BIOS already.

I can also fill in my required/current settings either to a blank/default BIOS or forum template from memory.

not quite the same thing, but the closest thing is the "Virtual BIOS" that Gigabyte have on their site for each board. They show a picture of every BIOS screen and all settings. They're not editable though and do not interact with the users BIOS to show settings.
      GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6)

I've looked on gigabyte's and many other sites and cannot locate "virtual bios' anywhere....

uh?
      USA Government should required by federal law to issue $2,500 vouchers to every citizen towards the purchase of a new computer system every year. ALSO, vouchers can be sold/traded/bought and combined, and vouchers have no name on them for combining and selling vouchers.

Comment

Yes, I've been to the Gigabyte site, and I've never seen this. Can you provide link?
        Gigabyte EP45-DS3R | E8500 3.16Ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS 1066 | Sapphire HD4850 675/993 | 2x Hitachi 250GB RAID 0 | Bios F11e | Cooler Master CM690

Comment

Looks like they are stored off site. The links are in the Latest BIOS sticky thread, at the bottom of the first post. Most recent boards have a template.

They're not all that useful though. A standard BIOS template people use to post their settings has the same information.
          P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
          2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
          3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho101 View Post
            I've been suggested that same Virtual Bios for my motherboard made by Gigabyte but I cannot locate the program. Could you or someone please help me locate the program Virtual Bios please?

Thanks

Comment

I have seen that too. It's not a stand alone program, just an interactive flash type file. They can be navigated by mouse click etc.

I did have one for my UD3P but lost it a while ago after a format.

Not sure where to download them, as google didn't turn up anything.
              P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14

Comment

I've occasionally taken digital photos of each bios page as a reference during overclocking adventures in the past.

Comment

Working...
                X