Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P55-UD4P: Bus speed resets to 133 after S3 Resume

Hi,

I'm using BLCK=155MHZ as a part of my XMP profile (160MHZ just crashed when resuming from S3, though perfectly stable in windows).
    Multiplier is 17 and everything runs stable.
    I noticed that after resuming from S3, both CPU-Z and ET6 reports bus speed of S3. I even checked my super pi score before and after the S3 resume and they differ by ~17%.
    I tried both with all advanced Turbo Mode and C1E/C3/Eist/PROCHOT enabled or disabled - no difference.
    All voltages are set to Normal, besides the memory that is set to 1.6V
    Tries all BIOSes, including F4 that was released yesterday.

Did anyone else noticed that ? Does anyone have a clue how to fix it ?
    It seems like Gigabyte's S3 process is very buggy.

I'm using Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P with Intel Core I5 750,
    G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHZ 7-7-7-24
    ATI Radeon 5770 1GB on PCI-E x16
    Enermax 435W
    Samsung F3 1GB SATA
    Samsung DVD-RW SATA

Thanks in advance guys

Re: P55-UD4P: Bus speed resets to 133 after S3 Resume

How about disable "XMP" and just adjust BLCK to 155mhz or 160mhz? will bus speed will reset to 1333 after resuming from s3?

Comment

Disabled XMP - Bus speed is still 133MHZ after S3.

I just noticed another thing - CPU-Z reports CAS4 after resuming (CAS7 is reported before going to sleep). I thought this bug was fixed in the X58 series...

Comment

The CAS4 bug has been known for a while with multiple intel platforms (X58 & P55 at least). It seems to be a communication error between the Mobo and the software. It does not seem affect the system stability.
        i7 4790k
        Gigatybe Z97X-SOC
        NVIDIA GTX 780
        GSkil 2 x 4 GB
        OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 256 GB
        Seasonic G750
        Coolermaster 690

Comment

Well, I don't know if the things are connected, but the S3 problem still exists (Bus speed resets to 133MHZ). I'm also getting BSODs at Bus clocks >= 160MHZ after resuming from S3

Comment

Originally posted by MBIL View Post
            Well, I don't know if the things are connected, but the S3 problem still exists (Bus speed resets to 133MHZ). I'm also getting BSODs at Bus clocks >= 160MHZ after resuming from S3
            I have the same config (p55-UD4P-i7 860). I have the minor CAS4 bug when I wake fron S3 but everything else is fine.
            BLk = 185
            Multi : 21 = 3,88 GHz
            vCore : 1,2875
            vQPI : 1,25
            Turbo OFF
            i7 4790k
            Gigatybe Z97X-SOC
            NVIDIA GTX 780
            GSkil 2 x 4 GB
            OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 256 GB
            Seasonic G750
            Coolermaster 690

Comment

Which BIOS version are you using ?

Comment

Originally posted by MBIL View Post
                Which BIOS version are you using ?
                F4v
                i7 4790k
                Gigatybe Z97X-SOC
                NVIDIA GTX 780
                GSkil 2 x 4 GB
                OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 256 GB
                Seasonic G750
                Coolermaster 690

Comment

Originally posted by blurp View Post
                  F4v
                  I have heard some smart people say the sleep issue isn't fixed and may never be fixed. This poster said to use hibernate and forget about sleep. Not the best thing to hear but it may be true.
                  P55-UD4P - i7860 - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - 1600Mhz Mushkin 7-8-7-20 - 3 WD 640GB Black
                  880GMA-UD2P - X6 1055T CPU - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - GSkill 1333 8-8-8-21 - 2 500GB WD Black
                  2 or 3 other systems I like to play with and a laptop

Comment

Originally posted by nate42nd View Post
                    I have heard some smart people say the sleep issue isn't fixed and may never be fixed. This poster said to use hibernate and forget about sleep. Not the best thing to hear but it may be true.
                    I use Sleep(S3) . No problem here.
                    i7 4790k
                    Gigatybe Z97X-SOC
                    NVIDIA GTX 780
                    GSkil 2 x 4 GB
                    OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 256 GB
                    Seasonic G750
                    Coolermaster 690

Comment

Just checked the event log, I'm getting "The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system." (HAL Error 12) before sleeping.

Event Data
                      Count - 2
                      First Page - 15
                      Last Page - 57

Could it be related to my issues ? Is there any way to fix it ?

I would like to mention that I'm using Windows 7 64bit RC1 (build 7100).

Comment

I'm getting the same error. It happens everytime my machine goes to sleep. I've been told that it doesn't affect anything, but I would swear I've experienced odd system instability and general delayed response to things like mouse clicks, dragging and dropping only after that error has occurred. Doesn't appear that there's anything we can do about it except wait for Gigabyte to fix it in the BIOS.

I haven't played around with bclk yet so I can't tell you if I'm seeing that same behavior.
                        i7 860 | Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 | CM Hyper212+ | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 CAS9 (F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL) | Radeon HD 4670 (Gigabyte GV-R467ZL-1GI) | Corsair CMPSU-450VX | WD Caviar Black 640GB | Seagate LP 1TB | Sony Optiarc Black 24x | CM Elite 310 (RC-310-BWN1-GP) + 120mm front intake | Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP (1680x1050) | Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Originally posted by ekoostik View Post
                          I'm getting the same error. It happens everytime my machine goes to sleep. I've been told that it doesn't affect anything, but I would swear I've experienced odd system instability and general delayed response to things like mouse clicks, dragging and dropping only after that error has occurred. Doesn't appear that there's anything we can do about it except wait for Gigabyte to fix it in the BIOS.

I haven't played around with bclk yet so I can't tell you if I'm seeing that same behavior.
                          I checked my event log : no error before or after sleep. I click on my mouse to wake from sleep. Works fine.

Sometimes, when i press on my razer keyboard to wake from sleep, my special programmed keys are not recognized on wake up. Did not happend lately.
                          i7 4790k
                          Gigatybe Z97X-SOC
                          NVIDIA GTX 780
                          GSkil 2 x 4 GB
                          OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 256 GB
                          Seasonic G750
                          Coolermaster 690

Comment

My friend is also using P55-UD4P with Gskill Ripjaws 1600MHZ 7-7-7-24.
                            However his PC is no problem at all to enable XMP= running 160mhz with stability. Resume from S3 it's still 160mhz.

Comment

Originally posted by yshuwen521 View Post
                              My friend is also using P55-UD4P with Gskill Ripjaws 1600MHZ 7-7-7-24.
                              However his PC is no problem at all to enable XMP= running 160mhz with stability. Resume from S3 it's still 160mhz.
                              My speed doesn't change. But my CAS Latency does (as reported by CPU-Z). Also I think my command rate. Tell your "friend" to check his event log for a "The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system." (HAL Error 12) message at the time it went to sleep.
                              i7 860 | Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 | CM Hyper212+ | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 CAS9 (F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL) | Radeon HD 4670 (Gigabyte GV-R467ZL-1GI) | Corsair CMPSU-450VX | WD Caviar Black 640GB | Seagate LP 1TB | Sony Optiarc Black 24x | CM Elite 310 (RC-310-BWN1-GP) + 120mm front intake | Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP (1680x1050) | Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
                              X