Clear All

• Boot Problem

Hi,

my system is :
    E8400
    GA-EP35C-DS3R rev2.1
    HD4870

I've got weird boot problem.
    When i turn on power, fans and leds working but monitor stays black and even bios won't show up.
    Also hdd is working,hdd led is always red and my graphic cards fan is working at high speed.

This problem doesn't occur all time,it occurs randomly.
    I have to power off system,remove power cable and wait a couple minutes to boot it correctly.

Not:System isn't overclocked and got latest bios.

Re: Boot Problem

check with one stick of ram in first slot,if it boots check the other sticks in same slot
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      check with one stick of ram in first slot,if it boots check the other sticks in same slot
      it occurs randomly.sometimes i can boot my computer without problem 2 weeks.
      i don't think rams causing this..

Comment

What BIOS are you using? If you are unsure please look in the MainBoard Tab of CPU-z or hit F9 on the MAIN BIOS page and you will see what BIOS.

You may need to update your BIOS, and you may also need to set your BIOS up properly.

Please give us your full specs and grab a template from my signature and give us your current BIOS settings in full and we will advise

Comment

My bios version is F4

All my bios settings are at "auto".I haven't touch it.

Comment

K, please give me your full settings in a template. I know what you mean about all auto, but there is a few I need to check to verify how you are using Auto.

Sorry to spread this out longer, but I have to see before I advise you how to proceed.

Please also tell me what amount and configuration of ram you have, and the model # or a link to it as well please.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              K, please give me your full settings in a template. I know what you mean about all auto, but there is a few I need to check to verify how you are using Auto.

Sorry to spread this out longer, but I have to see before I advise you how to proceed.

Please also tell me what amount and configuration of ram you have, and the model # or a link to it as well please.
              Ok,

I've got 4gb(2x2) Team Xtreem Dark CL5 Ram..
              Here is the link: http://www.teamgroup.com.tw/teamgrou..._id=1&pl2_id=3

i took photos all my bios for you

Overclock Menu 1

Overclock Menu 2

PC Health Status

Standart CMOS Features

Advanced BIOS Features

Power Management

Integrated Peripherals

Last edited by gigaep35c; 11-01-2009, 03:52 AM.

Comment

up

Comment

set you initial first display to pci-e slot one
                  Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                  Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                  1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                  1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                  Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                  K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                  L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                  Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                  Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Don't forget to test your power supply.
                    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                    Logitech G500 USB mouse
                    Monitor: CMV937A
                    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

As Wazza said, change Init First Display to PEG (PCIe Graphics).

If this doesn't completely eliminate your issue, you may have a failing Graphics Card. I have bought several GPU's from eBay that have been DoA and the one thing they had in common was that the GPU Fan would run at max speed when the rig was powered on. An intermitant issue could be related to a marginal solder joint. It could even be a poor connection between the PCIe slot and the card.

Remove the GPU and make sure both the PCIe slot and the gold contacts on the card are clean. Be careful and only clean the contacts with something 100% cotton. You can use alcohol too, but no man-made fibres as these can cause static. Re-seat he card and remove it again a couple of times, then brush/carefully blow into the slot. The movement of the card being inserted and removed will clean up the metal contacts in the PCIe slot, which may have become oxidised.

In brief, things to try in this order are:
                      1. On a successful boot, restart and update to the latest BIOS, making sure to load optimized defaults after the flash (this is vital!). Skip this if F4 is the latest.
                      2. Insert and remove the card several times then clean the slot and card as outlined above.
                      3. Check the PCIe power connector from the PSU to make sure the tube like contacts aren't bent or dirty/oxidised.
                      4. Locate a spare Graphics card and use it in the same slot as the original. If this solves the problem, your card is likely at fault, unless.....
                      5. Like Artdrivers suggested, check the PSU. Use a multi meter if you can to see what voltage it is kicking out. Test both a molex's 12V and 5V lines and the PCIe connector's 12 V lines. If possible change to another PSU, as if the spare GPU solved the issue, your PSU may be struggling to power your original one.
                      Last edited by Psycho101; 11-07-2009, 03:12 PM. Reason: Clarification
                      Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
                      Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
                      P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
                      Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
                      TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
                      2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
                      2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
                      Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
                      Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
                      WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
                      Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
                      Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
                      3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
                      Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

i changed init display to PEG and now i have to wait..
                        thanks for help..i will post again if problem occurs again.

Comment

sorry but it happened again.changing init display pci to peg didn't work :(

another suggestion?

Comment

up

Comment

Did you try everything mentioned in my last post?
                              1. On a successful boot, restart and update to the latest BIOS, making sure to load optimized defaults after the flash (this is vital!). Skip this if F4 is the latest.
                              2. Insert and remove the card several times then clean the slot and card as outlined above.
                              3. Check the PCIe power connector from the PSU to make sure the tube like contacts aren't bent or dirty/oxidised.
                              4. Locate a spare Graphics card and use it in the same slot as the original. If this solves the problem, your card is likely at fault, unless.....
                              5. Like Artdrivers suggested, check the PSU. Use a multi meter if you can to see what voltage it is kicking out. Test both a molex's 12V and 5V lines and the PCIe connector's 12 V lines. If possible change to another PSU, as if the spare GPU solved the issue, your PSU may be struggling to power your original one.
                              Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
                              Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
                              P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
                              Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
                              TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
                              2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
                              2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
                              Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
                              Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
                              WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
                              Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
                              Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
                              3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
                              Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Working...
                              X