Wonder if it's a mobo problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder if it's a mobo problem?

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P V1.1, QX6800. No OC. 4 GB OCZ Reaper RAM. Windows XP SP3, latest patches. System has been running fine for 6 mos now, and suddenly the monitors (qty two ViewSonic VP2030b) started switching themselves on and off rapidfire. I changed out the power supply (new Ultra 850 from an Ultra 700). Didn't help. I changed out the video card (New nvidia 9600/796 DDR2 from a Nvidea 6800/512 DDR3) didn't help. I don't want to RMA this motherboard if that's not the problem. Frankly I'm getting tired of messing with this box. Any idea's here? I'm running out of options at this point.
    Last edited by bigwater; 10-13-2009, 03:57 PM.

Re: Wonder if it's a mobo problem?

Still two options left, the mobo or display screen, any way you can test it with another mobo?

Comment

The monitors switch on/off? - sounds like the monitors then as the video card is not the culprit.

However, you can try a clean XP install and see if the problem goes away...
      X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
      AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
      Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 - 16GB Kit
      GV-RX570AORUS-4GD
      1x 970 SSD / 2x SSHD 1TB Seagate
      Win10x64

Comment

Yes, I agree with Phenom Dude, sounds to me like faulty monitors. Please test them in another system

Comment

It was one of the monitors. For some reason turning the faulty one off did not stop the problem with the other one. It finally took yanking the DVI connection on the faulty one to get the other one to straighten out.

I'm a graphic designer by trade, and I absolutely need matched and color calibrated monitors (or at least I was able to convince the wife I did) so I pulled the trigger on a new matched pair of 24" widescreens. Got them set up today, and man... I think I bought more real estate than I need. LOL. Got a good deal on the two monitors though.

Still have to color calibrate them on Monday, but for the most part, problem solved. Thanks for all your advice.

Comment

Working...
          X