Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Connect to LAN

First time here at TT, I like the entire Gigabyte section :D

Anyways, I have a GA-EX58-UD4P and have had it for a few months. It has served me well, up until a couple of days ago.

I was installing an nLite XP for some SuperPi Mod goodness but I think I removed some important things so the install failed. Somehow, this corrupted my Windows 7 Professional installation. So I formatted both partitions (full format, not quick), and reinstalled Windows 7. For some reason, I cannot convince the board that I have LAN. I've tried installing the drivers from Gigabyte's site as well as Realtek's site. When I do, I get the following error (as shown in the picture below): "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the cable." Seems to have been a bad translation, but I guess it gets the job done.

The cable is indeed plugged in and I also have internet on my folding rig.

I'm using BIOS F10d and I have LAN enabled within it. I have tried Windows 7 drivers as well as Windows Vista drivers but I still get the same error.

Any help is appreciated!
    A Table!
    i7 950
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
    6GB STT Hypers 2133 8-8-8 21
    MSI GTX 470 GE
    Corsair HX1000
    SS or Dice/MW80/MCP655 Vario/MCR 320

Re: Unable to Connect to LAN

Originally posted by bassplayer View Post
    First time here at TT, I like the entire Gigabyte section :D

Anyways, I have a GA-EX58-UD4P and have had it for a few months. It has served me well, up until a couple of days ago.

I was installing an nLite XP for some SuperPi Mod goodness but I think I removed some important things so the install failed. Somehow, this corrupted my Windows 7 Professional installation. So I formatted both partitions (full format, not quick), and reinstalled Windows 7. For some reason, I cannot convince the board that I have LAN. I've tried installing the drivers from Gigabyte's site as well as Realtek's site. When I do, I get the following error (as shown in the picture below): "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the cable." Seems to have been a bad translation, but I guess it gets the job done.

The cable is indeed plugged in and I also have internet on my folding rig.

I'm using BIOS F10d and I have LAN enabled within it. I have tried Windows 7 drivers as well as Windows Vista drivers but I still get the same error.

Any help is appreciated!
    try flashing back to older bios or re-flash the bios and try again
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

system restore has saved me countless times. In fact , the other day on this very laptop , my connection just quit and gave me some kind of error about windows security settings blocking it somehow. Took a look around, tried everything in the book, everything was setup correctly, I didnt change settings befoer it quit- and nothing worked. System restore got the job done.
      i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
      Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
      6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
      Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
      Corsair tx750 PSU
      EVGA GTX260 SC
      Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
      WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
      ASUS Xonar DX
      Klipsch Promedia 2.1
      CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
      Windows 7 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
        try flashing back to older bios or re-flash the bios and try again
        I'll give this a try. Thanks.

Originally posted by dbee View Post
        system restore has saved me countless times. In fact , the other day on this very laptop , my connection just quit and gave me some kind of error about windows security settings blocking it somehow. Took a look around, tried everything in the book, everything was setup correctly, I didnt change settings befoer it quit- and nothing worked. System restore got the job done.
        I don't have anything to restore to as it's a brand new installation.

EDIT: BIOS flash did nothing. I might have to pursue an RMA. I am waiting on Gigabyte's online support to get back to me. Although, my last RMA took about a month. In a month I'll be in Spain, without my computer. I might just give up and sell everything.
        Last edited by bassplayer; 10-10-2009, 04:43 PM.
        A Table!
        i7 950
        Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
        MSI GTX 470 GE
        Corsair HX1000

Comment

Daily bump for some more suggestions? Since it's still the weekend Gigabyte hasn't gotten back to me.
          A Table!
          i7 950
          Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
          MSI GTX 470 GE
          Corsair HX1000

Comment

Hi,

Quite some time ago, I had a problem with the LAN after windows update installed new drivers.

Rolling back drivers in device manager fixed the problem for me... You could also try the drivers that came with the board (CD).
            Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
            Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
            i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
            Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Comment

Originally posted by C3D76 View Post
              Hi,

Quite some time ago, I had a problem with the LAN after windows update installed new drivers.

Rolling back drivers in device manager fixed the problem for me... You could also try the drivers that came with the board (CD).
              Actually, you bring up a good point. For some reason when I put in the CD, the LAN drivers no longer show up as something to install...
              A Table!
              i7 950
              Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
              MSI GTX 470 GE
              Corsair HX1000

Comment

Working...
              X