Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UD3P Realtek LANs This device cannot start (Code 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UD3P Realtek LANs This device cannot start (Code 10)

Btw, I have been having serious headaches with this mobo (only with the LAN/1394 drivers. I can't believe I didn't think to turn off quick boot. Made so much sense when I heard that. I did that and rebooted and all is well for the first time since booting.

I registered with the express purpose of saying thanks to everyone on this thread.

Comment

@larft
      I've also done the optimized defaults etc and reloaded the FD BIOS and recovered the LAN controller but it wouldn't stay.
      Did you:
      1. re-flash using the FD bios
      2. load optimized bios settings
      3. save settings and exit
      4. immediately re-boot into the bios
      5. disable quick-boot
      6. make any other needed bios changes and then save settings and exit

When you say "it wouldn't stay", I assume that you're talking about the LAN controller.

@rob_squared
      Hang around the forum and we'll learn you more things.
      Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
      P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
      4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
      MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
      Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
      WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
      SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
      Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
      Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
      Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
      MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
      Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
      HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
      CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
      E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
      Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
      Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
      HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
        @larftDid you:
        1. re-flash using the FD bios
        2. load optimized bios settings
        3. save settings and exit
        4. immediately re-boot into the bios
        5. disable quick-boot
        6. make any other needed bios changes and then save settings and exit

When you say "it wouldn't stay", I assume that you're talking about the LAN controller.
        Sorry, that wasn't the clearest response.

I had reflashed using the FD BIOS several times and then loaded optimized defaults, seemed that once I did this each time the LAN controller would work in Windows, it always worked in the BIOS regardless, I would have a MAC address and be able to use the smart LAN function to test the connection. After saving and rebooting the LAN controller would function correctly in Windows but I would then lose it at some point later after shutting down and rebooting, all of this was before I learned about the Quick Boot function. Once I disabled Quick Boot, saved it and completed the POST into Windows everything has been fine. I tried turning Quick Boot back on and the LAN controller was fine for a few reboots but I eventually lost it again in Windows, you could watch it, in the POST process it was active but as soon as Windows started to load the activity lights would turn off, disabling Quick Boot would then allow it to function correctly again.

Interesting that the Quick Boot function was added, this is the only difference I can see in the BIOS between the 1.0 rev board I have in my main machine and the 1.6 rev in the machine I have been struggling with, I have had no trouble whatsoever with the earlier board. The difference in boot time with it on or off is maybe 5 seconds, it would be nice it worked properly but leaving it off is not an issue. This is the kind of problem I would have expected to see with an installed add on card, not the motherboard devices themselves, I think it may be conflicting with the 1394 controller since the first time Windows loaded after disabling Quick Boot it found both the 1394 and LAN controller as new devices.

Seems like a bug in this version of the board, why even have it if it doesn't work?

Comment

I recommend that you contact Gigabyte tech support via email and include a link to this thread.
          Hopefully this will help the bios engineers fix the quick boot problem in a future bios release.

If we're lucky, the fixed bios version might include the comment "enhanced quick-boot compatibility." :0

**edit** No program can ever be bug free.
          As a former main-frame programmer, there never were any bugs in my programs....
          ....but sometimes we would find a UDF, Unintended Design Feature.
          Last edited by profJim; 02-07-2010, 09:56 AM.
          Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
          P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
          4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
          MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
          Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
          WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
          SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
          Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
          Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
          Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
          MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
          Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
          HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
          CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
          E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
          Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
          Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
          HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

So, I am having this same exact issue with a GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard, however I can't seem to fix it.

Every reboot the NIC and all but one of the USB Host Controllers have Code 10 errors. USB keyboard and mouse do function. I can obviously uninstall each one and search for changes (interesting note: disabling and re-enabling also works, but is slower) to get all the devices back. That is annoying to do EVERY reboot.

I have loaded the latest Realtek drivers for the NIC and that didn't make a difference. I updated to the F12 BIOS and reset to defaults and that didn't work. Even tried loading optimized defaults and that didn't work either. I have Quick Boot disabled to no avail. So, any other suggestions on how I can fix this that does NOT involve reinstalling Win7? I really want to avoid having to reinstall all of my apps.

I am sure there is some way to completely remove the devices in the registry so that it is forced to find them anew upon the next reboot. I assume it is a DMI issue like people have worked out before.

Comment

Please send in a report and see what Gigabyte has to say about this, I think we are talking on this in another thread too right?
              GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Comment

Do you have a link for that other thread by any chance?

As for sending in a report, is there a post on the proper way to do that? Thanks.

Comment

Just follow the link above and fill out a form with your issue and info. They will get back to you in a few days normally.

Ohh sorry, so maybe it was not you on the other threads, there was some users with USB issues similar to what you describe recently so I thought you may have been one of them. Here is the thread

Comment

Ok, not sure what exactly happened, but it is fine now. A few reboots later and all the devices are starting after reboot. So, I am good. For now. :-)

Comment

Hmm, did you change anything?

Well nice to see it is working now anyway, but it would be nice to know what caused it and how it got fixed in case it happens to you again later on. Hope you can find out, or it doesn't happen anymore.

Comment

Well, like I had stated earlier I flashed the BIOS to F12. I went back and set it to Optimized Defaults and rebooted a few times. Guess the BIOS finally did rescan all the DMIs. Only thing I can think of really.

Comment

Ahh ok, well thanks! It was likely the BIOS update that fixed it, causing the DMI Pool to rebuild like you thought.

Glad it's working for you now though! Post back anytime

Comment

What is weird is that it didn't work right after flashing the BIOS and resetting all the settings. It took about 10 reboots after that to actually fix itself. I guess that is a lesson learned. If at first it doesn't work, reset the setting to Optimized and try again.

Comment

Hmm, well at least it's working now!

Good luck with this, hope it stays working for you now!

Post back anytime

Comment

Working...
                              X