Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UD3P Realtek LANs This device cannot start (Code 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD3P Realtek LANs This device cannot start (Code 10)

Re: UD3P Realtek LANs This device cannot start (Code 10)

Try installing this driver set from Intel >>

9.1.1 Build 1019
    Software-Lizenzvereinbarung

Direct link

And yes, it is in English after you download

Here is the Latest RealTek drivers >>
    Realtek

Be sure you have LAN ENABLED in the BIOS, then you should also run the test in the BIOS and be sure it says it finds a cable.

Also, press F9 on the MAIN page of the BIOS and look to ensure you are seeing MAC Addresses for your LAN ports

Comment

Thanks for the advice Lsdmeasap,

I installed both those drivers, but when the Realtek drivers went in I got a driver or device did not install correctly error, and same device manager error code 10.
      • BIOS test for cables was successful - cables detected.
      • When I checked the MAC addresses for the LAN ports they both said EMPTY. They were both connected to known working router cables/ports at the time.

LAN Controllers dead?

Comment

When you checked the MAC Address, where are you checking at? Did you check in the BIOS as I suggested? Just checking because this is where you must look

If you are not seeing a MAC Address in the BIOS via F9 on the MAIN Page then you either have a bad LAN Chip on the board, faulty BIOS, or disabled LAN in the BIOS.

If no MAC Address is present in the BIOS can you please try a older BIOS, version or two behind is fine. Flash with Qflash, and disable "Keep DMI Data" before you flash, then after the flash load optimized, reboot back to the BIOS and set your disk settings, then save and apply and let windows load to rebuild the DMI pool. Then shut down and reboot back to BIOS and check the MAC Address again to see if any are listed via F9 on the MAIN Page

Comment

Well son of a gun, it works!

I used Qflash to load up the old FB BIOS rebuilt the DMI pool, everything as you suggested, Lsdmeasap, and the MAC addresses came up (yes, through F9 of the BIOS). The Realtek drivers loaded fine and they now function.

Lsdmeasap, I really appreciate the advice and the time you took to share your knowledge. I was out of solutions. Thank you sir! I am a very happy UD3P owner tonight, and fan of tweaktown.

Comment

Superb to hear all is now working for you!!!

Glad I could help, and nice to see we did not have to spend days and days to get you fixed up!

Post back anytime if you need further help with anything, in the mean time enjoy your new rig!

Now if you want, and I do suggest to as the new BIOS would be best if it is not bugged, you can try the same procedure again with the new BIOS and see if it works properly this time. If it does not, and the same issue appears with no MAC Addresses showing please send in a report with that info and a link to this thread and ask them to forward the issue onto the BIOS Engineers >>

Comment

Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.
              Good post. I appreciate it
              This is an interesting discussion. thank you for sharing

Comment

hello

One more late congrats! I hope you had a good one!

Comment

I'm having the same issue with this version of the UD3P MB. I have a 1.0 revision MB in my main system and have had excellent luck with it for over a year, no issues to speak of. I recently upgraded my other machine with a rev 1.6 board with either the FA or FB version BIOS, I installed the board and let my current install of XP x64 already on the drive do it's thing and recognize everything and then installed some additional drivers just to be sure the board was okay before whacking the drive and doing a clean reinstall. Everything worked fine under XP. I then reinstalled it with Win 7 64 Ultimate, everything went well except for the LAN controllers giving me the "cannot start" problem and I spent two days of frustration trying to get it to work, here's what I tried, none of it worked:

Deleted device to try to get it to reinstall
                  Installed latest inf update
                  Installed latest two newer device drivers one from Gigabyte one from Realtek
                  Tried manual PCI interrupt settings
                  Removed my X-fi sound card
                  Turned off Green LAN in BIOS
                  Disabled/enabled one or the other LAN controllers
                  Turned off power saving steppings in BIOS

I then reflashed the BIOS with the FD version and made sure to clear the DMI, this worked, I was up and running and to my relief thought I was in the clear. A few weeks later I installed an old LS120 drive just to see if I could still access it and look at some old disks, it worked but the LAN went bye bye. I finished fooling around and removed the LS120 and rebooted, same problem, so I did what I knew might work, reflashed the FD BIOS version clearing the DMI, LAN was back up and running. Yesterday I took the PC to a friends for a LAN day and once it was hooked up, guess what, no LAN again, not sure what did it, maybe changing the ports for the USB mouse or keyboard did it, I also didn't have the monitor plugged in correctly at first. Rather than reflash the BIOS he had an old PCI LAN card that amazingly had Win7 drivers and I was up and running.

I haven't reflashed the BIOS yet but I imagine it will work, it's like there's a conflict somewhere that the driver can't sort out. At this point I should mention that I successfully installed Win7 64 on my other machine with the 1.0 revision board in it with no problems whatsoever.

I tried the latest inf today from Intel as suggested in an earlier post and the 1/20/10 Realtek update, no good. In the BIOS I do get MAC addresses for both controllers and can test them successfully in the BIOS, I turn the PC on and the controller lights come on but as soon as Windows loads the device driver they go out so this really seems like a driver issue. I hate to think that I have to buy a card to straighten this out, anything you can suggest beyond what I've done would be appreciated.

Comment

Well, I reflashed the BIOS to FD and pulled the battery out to be absolutely sure everything was reset and I now have the LAN back, I'll try to see if I can make it happen again by shutting down and changing something hooked up to the USB and see if that does it. Is there any way to force a DMI clear and update without whacking out the BIOS?

Comment

Well, without doing anything other than shutting down the PC I lost the network controller again, any suggestions other than buying a separate PCIE card?

Comment

If your bios has an option called "Quick Boot" under "Advanced Bios Options" turn that off and it should fix your problems, if it doesn't how ever I'd wager to guess there's something wrong physically with your board.

Comment

Originally posted by KayossZero View Post
                          If your bios has an option called "Quick Boot" under "Advanced Bios Options" turn that off and it should fix your problems, if it doesn't how ever I'd wager to guess there's something wrong physically with your board.
                          Well....... Thanks a lot! I never would have thought to try that, I guess I've been around too long, the quick post function used to just turn off redundant memory testing, apparently this version now forces it to take a fresh look at the DMI pool and sets it up, at least it worked on this first couple of boots.

Thanks again!

Comment

I had this issue too. It ended up being the Quick Boot feature enabled in the BIOS that was causing my networking to be lost. I flashed to the FD BIOS, changed Quick Boot to disabled, and the issue has not appeared since.

Also, if disabling Quick Boot feature for you does not work, try loading optimized defaults, then save and exit. Before I figured out Quick Boot was the culprit, I could load optimized defaults and regain networking.

Best of luck, I'm curious to hear if this helps

Comment

Turning off "Quick Boot" seems to have done it, I re-enabled it and it still is working so it must have correctly updated the DMI when the switch was off. I've also done the optimized defaults etc and reloaded the FD BIOS and recovered the LAN controller but it wouldn't stay. It would be nice if the BIOS settings were better documented, but that has always been a weak point ever since I started building them back in '94

Comment

Working...
                              X