GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R (newbie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R (newbie)

In process of ordering this board. Moving up from Intel branded DP43TF.

I have built rigs before so I have some experience. My question is compatibility of existing hardware.

Q6700

Corsair 2 x 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM 800 (PC26400) TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX

SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe

EVGA 9800GTX

WD 640G Black HDD

Antec 550W Trio

Any problems with the above hardware - no plan to OC at present?

TIA

Jim T.
    Last edited by JimTram; 09-07-2009, 01:15 AM.

Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R (newbie)

X-FI may present you some issues, but other than that everything else looks compatible.

Now, I am no sound guru and don't use cards myself so I can't comment on that particular one, I am only stating that I do see X-FI issues here with some cards/boards. If you do a search, by title, per the Gigabyte section (it's the first invisible one in the list in Advanced Search) for XFI or X-FI you will find some threads in regards to what I mention

Comment

Thanks - I am glad I asked the question.

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      X-FI may present you some issues, but other than that everything else looks compatible.

Now, I am no sound guru and don't use cards myself so I can't comment on that particular one, I am only stating that I do see X-FI issues here with some cards/boards. If you do a search, by title, per the Gigabyte section (it's the first invisible one in the list in Advanced Search) for XFI or X-FI you will find some threads in regards to what I mention

Comment

Hey now, like I said though it is not always an issue and sometimes can even be due to user errors.

So please have a look at some of the threads posted here via search and you should find what you need.

Some have no issues as well, so keep that in mind

Comment

Thanks -

Hey now, like I said though it is not always an issue and sometimes can even be due to user errors.

So please have a look at some of the threads posted here via search and you should find what you need.

Some have no issues as well, so keep that in mind

Comment

Good luck deciding, sorry I could not be of more direct for sure help

Comment

See here user says he has no issues with X-FI so it just depends, just noticed the post and remembered you asking >>

Comment

I appreciate your efforts. Thank You. As it turned-out, I got a better deal on a GA-EP45-UD3P. I do not foresee any issues.

As soon as my new WD Caviar Black arrives - I'll give it a go.

I appreciate your time.

Thanks

Jim T.

Comment

Ahh well that is a better board anyway, few extra features.

Good luck with the build then, post back anytime!

Comment

It amazed me that there was only a single BIOS update for the ...UD3P since the initial release. On the Intel side of the house I know of at least six, two of which were real crap.

Seems to me Gigabyte gets it right the first time.

BTW - if you want to change the name of this thread to reflect the UD3P - it would be less confusing to others maybe. Me atleast. LOL

Thanks again

Comment

Yep, additional features I may use in the future. I have rev. 1.6. I usually lag behind with the release of chipsets. i.e. five series is just about released and I purchased the best of the four series. $$$ savings for a small sacrifice in overall power.

I read the manual in the box - very well detailed - more than I am acustomed to. I can really do some damage.

Am I correct to assume the Easy Tune and the Power Management software is no more than a "front end" for what is already in the BIOS?

TIA

Jim T.

Ahh well that is a better board anyway, few extra features.

Good luck with the build then, post back anytime!
                      Last edited by JimTram; 09-08-2009, 05:11 AM.

Comment

There has been plenty of updates, just none posted as official, you can always get the latest (And older ones) here >>

K, I will update your title on the first post

Sounds like what I do with GFX Cards, I am using 3870 now, trying to go to 48xx and 5xxx is just about to be released.

Ya, Easytune is just a simple overclocking/information program. Most of us only use this to verify or check settings in windows, real overclocking should be done in the BIOS.

Power software, DES (Dynamic Energy Saver) you mean? That is a software only tool, used in conjunction with Intel SpeedStep (EIST/C1E) and does not need to be installed if you plan to overclock. Nothing in the BIOS related to this though, aside from those mentioned Intel features that would need to be left enabled to use the DES Program

Good luck on the new build!

Comment

Thanks for the info and links. I plan to install Easytune, but pass on DES. I'll let you know how things go - thanks again.

There has been plenty of updates, just none posted as official, you can always get the latest (And older ones) here >>

K, I will update your title on the first post

Sounds like what I do with GFX Cards, I am using 3870 now, trying to go to 48xx and 5xxx is just about to be released.

Ya, Easytune is just a simple overclocking/information program. Most of us only use this to verify or check settings in windows, real overclocking should be done in the BIOS.

Power software, DES (Dynamic Energy Saver) you mean? That is a software only tool, used in conjunction with Intel SpeedStep (EIST/C1E) and does not need to be installed if you plan to overclock. Nothing in the BIOS related to this though, aside from those mentioned Intel features that would need to be left enabled to use the DES Program

Good luck on the new build!

Comment

Anytime!

I use Easytune, but only to check things or test small changes or something like that before making them in the BIOS

Good luck again on the build, post back anytime

Comment

Originally posted by JimTram View Post
                              It amazed me that there was only a single BIOS update for the ...UD3P since the initial release. On the Intel side of the house I know of at least six, two of which were real crap.

Seems to me Gigabyte gets it right the first time.

BTW - if you want to change the name of this thread to reflect the UD3P - it would be less confusing to others maybe. Me atleast. LOL

Thanks again
                              Versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the EP45-UD3P board are up to bios version F10e (beta) but the V1.6 of the board uses different bios FDa (beta original FB) either bios's are not cross compatible. Just make sure you chose the one for version 1.6 of the board.
                              Main Rig
                              Gigabyte z87x-OC
                              Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                              G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                              Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                              Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                              HiS ATI HD 6950
                              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                              Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                              Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                              Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                              CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                              Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                              EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                              Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                              Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Working...
                              X